Something wrong with this picture

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Just reported on PTI. Joe Paterno makes only (I know) $512,000. per year at Penn St. For what he is worth and has been worth to this university this is a travesty.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I'm not quite sure you how much stock you can put into how much a coaches salary is versus how much they are actually paid. Universities can have other way of vesting there employees, on the other hand, it would not suprise me if Paterno has not sought contract negotiations. I'm willing to bet, if Coach Osborne were still coaching, he wouldn't be demanding near the amount of money paid to the Saban's, Stoops, etc.

Go back ten years and look what they paid T.O. when he was the coach. T.O. Probably get paid more as the AD then when he coached here.

I was a junior in college in 1997, seems like Bill Byrne's public made compesation was around 150k, while Osborne's was around 250k. Things have become vastly different with the implentation of all of the other tv money that exists.

I must say this surprised me, especially when you look at the base salary of some of the other coaches. Haven't done my research but would be surprised if there is another coach out there that has been coaching as long as Joe Pa has.

Loyalty and tenure has to be worth something right? Then again what that story doesn't say is how much in bonuses he makes per year, per bowl, etc etc...

p.s. Wally saw your pic of your new Rhodesian pup. My wife and I have a 6 month old we brought back with us from Germany ( I am military).

Look at an interview Osborne just did with Husker Sports Network. He specifically said something along the lines of "....coaching salaries seem to be a little much these days. "

I don't take anything away from Joe Pa. Obviously he has had a long tenure there. However, it does not suprise me to see him making what he makes. As someone else said, that might just be his base salary. Doesn't include all of the other bonuses, payments, etc he gets. Also, as of lately, I actually wonder what he really does for that football team. All you see him do on Saturdays is pace the sideline and yell at people when they mess up and yell at the refs....that's really all I have seen the man do. He has no headset, no papers, no playsheets, just a jacket and walks back and forth.

. All you see him do on Saturdays is pace the sideline and yell at people when they mess up and yell at the refs....that's really all I have seen the man do. He has no headset, no papers, no playsheets, just a jacket and walks back and forth.

Hahah, this is too true...Even I could do that if they paid me half a mil!!

GBR!!

:restore

. All you see him do on Saturdays is pace the sideline and yell at people when they mess up and yell at the refs....that's really all I have seen the man do. He has no headset, no papers, no playsheets, just a jacket and walks back and forth.

Hahah, this is too true...Even I could do that if they paid me half a mil!!

GBR!!

:restore

He's the high priced Wall Mart greeter for Penn St. :lol:

Look at an interview Osborne just did with Husker Sports Network. He specifically said something along the lines of "....coaching salaries seem to be a little much these days. "

I don't take anything away from Joe Pa. Obviously he has had a long tenure there. However, it does not suprise me to see him making what he makes. As someone else said, that might just be his base salary. Doesn't include all of the other bonuses, payments, etc he gets. Also, as of lately, I actually wonder what he really does for that football team. All you see him do on Saturdays is pace the sideline and yell at people when they mess up and yell at the refs....that's really all I have seen the man do. He has no headset, no papers, no playsheets, just a jacket and walks back and forth.

I thought is was funny that Osborne had that comment in the paper and the next day appointed himself headcoach. I know that was not the motivation but it made me chuckle anyway.

I have been thinking that same thing since all the talk of his pay has come up. It seems to me that the only reason he is there is because he is a symbol of the university. I would say these days his assitants probably do most of the coaching.