Horne cited by police, again

If he were cut would his scholarship be available to a player for this upcoming season? I was starting to think that maybe Horne wanted to make something of himself by working harder. Callahan has a tough decision here, he could get rid of Horne, who has been a pain in the butt and go after another one of his guys, or stick with him and try and help him improve his quality of life. The name Randy Stella rings a bell.

For the second time this year, Horne gets arrested. Both times he has possesed alcohol. He was caught in Brothers Bar in LIncoln. He was brouight to detox. Callahan might have the good mind to cut him from the team to open up a scholarship. Or does he continue to keep it until he gradutes??

Under NCAA rules, all scholarships are one-year in duration. Technically, he could be off scholarship tomorrow.

As to whether that would give us an extra scholarship for this year, I'm not sure. It would so long as it doesn't violate the 85/25 (????) rule - no more than 85 total scholarship players and no more than 25 (??????) signees per year. Not too sure about the "per year" number any more.

Callahan said he is still getting the whole story. Sounds like wali was with him but he didn't get into any trouble and is 21. Guessing he will be gone but don't know if that is right.

It depends on how tight of a ship Callahan wants to run. Seeing as how he handled the repeated idiocies of Incognito, I don't see him putting up with much.