Pilkington quitting

Let him go, we have players coming in that probably would have gotten playing time over him anyway.  I'd rather have Boateng and Franklin lining up next year than Pilkington and Birkel anyway.

Who cares if Birkel leaves the program? I don't because kids like him a dime a dozen. Kids leaving is really to be expected with the coaching changes. It happens every year at every school.

The last I checked Boateng hasnt committed, and Im not sure that he would go to NU.

Birkel (@ 6' 3" with his 4.4 speed) is not quite a dime a dozen really good schools like Mich and Wash offered him scholarships (unlike alot of bc's recruits), and Pilkington has the best hands on the team. Just to let you recruiting junkies know, Andy was rated as highly if not more so than Wallace. callahan wont give any of Solich's recruits a shot no matter how good they are as long as his "own guys" are there.

Did you hear what Birkel said about how he "runs" the program. Great recruiter, he cant even keep players there that are on the team now.

What do you expect, the only good coach on the team left, why would these guys stay and have to deal with some other re-tread loser that bill the Idiot bring in? Its gonna get much, much worse.

The last I checked Boateng hasnt committed, and Im not sure that he would go to NU.

Birkel (@ 6' 3" with his 4.4 speed) is not quite a dime a dozen, and Pilkington has the best hands on the team. Just to let you recruiting junkies know, Andy was rated as highly if not more so than Wallace.

What do you expect, the only good coach on the team left, why would these guys stay and have to deal with some other re-tread loser that bill the Idiot bring in?

For having the best hands on the team he sure did drop a lot of passes. Sorry Birkel was NOTHING special. Oh wait he is a Nebraska kid nevermind. :wacko: Wallace is the 58 ranked wr in the country Birkel wasn't in the top 100. Almost the samething. They both were 3 star recruits though.

callahan wont give any of Solich's recruits a shot no matter how good they are as long as his "own guys" are there.

Did you hear what Birkel said about how he "runs" the program. Great recruiter, he cant even keep players there that are on the team now.

I should have guessed.

Yea, you're right. Callahan never gave Ross or Dailey a chance. Oh wait, Ross had a 1000 yard season. Pilkington never got a chance either right?

Yea, he can't keep anyone on the team. EVERYONE IS QUITTING OMG!!!!11!11!

Pilkington made the decision to put his education and the rest of his life in front of football. Not a bad choice in the long run for someone like him IMO.

callahan wont give any of Solich's recruits a shot no matter how good they are as long as his "own guys" are there.

So many freshmen played this year didn't they. Players left under Dr. Tom and Frankie. Crap if Frankie wouldn't of ran to Omaha begging Crouch was ready to bolt. Do you remember all the talk about Buckhalter talking about leaving? Curt Dukes ring a bell?

For having the best hands on the team he sure did drop a lot of passes. Sorry Birkel was NOTHING special. Oh wait he is a Nebraska kid nevermind. :wacko: Wallace is the 58 ranked wr in the country Birkel wasn't in the top 100. Almost the samething. They both were 3 star recruits though.

Gee, your coach, "bill the offensive mastermind" said that he and Herian had the best hands.

Whats your problem with NE kids? They seemed to work well for Osborne, Devaney, and Solich. Those guys never had a losing season in 40 years, unlike callahan.

They also had 9 wins each year until Frank came along. When he finally got done with TO's players he only won 7 games. Frank probably would have only won 3-4 this year after his only QB Daily got hurt running the option and the wrestler came in to back him up.

Last I checked, Frank won 75% of his games, much better than callahan.

Whats this farce about option qb's getting hurt all the time? With the exception of Berringer, who was the last qb that got seriously hurt running the option at NU? Gee, dont pro qbs get knocked out routinely? Dropback passers are more likely to become seriously injured than option qbs.

/QUOTE]

Birkel (@ 6' 3" with his 4.4 speed) is not quite a dime a dozen really good schools like Mich and Wash offered him scholarships (unlike alot of bc's recruits)

Actually Washington(if you can call them a good team) were recruiting a lot of the 2005 class.

Up until Slick Rick "callahaned" Washington, they were a major player in college football and even shared the NC in 1991, remember?

Whats this farce about option qb's getting hurt all the time? With the exception of Berringer, who was the last qb that got seriously hurt running the option at NU?

Didn't Tommie miss most of the 94 season or did I just imagine that? Newcombe got hurt in the 98 season also.

Gee, Tommie's injury wasnt exactly football related, but I wouldnt expect you to understand that.

I dont recall Newcombe getting seriously injured at qb, I remember him playing, and being a little banged up, and him not performing very well, thus Cristo and Crouch got their chances to play.