IMO OU is the best team in the country right now. They dominated Mizzou last night. But LSU has been getting love all season and that loss to CU hurts OU.

Did you watch the Texas Tech game? OU was not the better team that night. You could safely say that no team this year is great. Maybe parity in college football is here, and no team will go unscathed in the future.

But after a 21-14 win Saturday over Tennessee in the Southeastern Conference title game and losses later by then-No. 1 Missouri and No. 2 West Virginia, LSU jumped to the second spot in the BCS standings Sunday.

It will play Ohio State Jan. 7 the national title in New Orleans.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10199612

Interesting. After the interview either Dave Weber or Ross Jerstrom commented that now that LSU is number 2 and could be playing for the national championship, Bo is mulling over whether to go back and coach it. Would NU allow him to do that? I think it would be a nice thing for him to be able to do but I'm wondering if his workload here is so large that he won't have time to do it? What do you all think?

IMO OU is the best team in the country right now. They dominated Mizzou last night. But LSU has been getting love all season and that loss to CU hurts OU.

Did you watch the Texas Tech game? OU was not the better team that night. You could safely say that no team this year is great. Maybe parity in college football is here, and no team will go unscathed in the future.

Didn't exactly help that Bradford was out most of the game.

Thats just part of coaching. Nebraska lost 2 qb's and still won big games before, so the idea of it's not fair my team was'nt healthy really is a bad excuse. Pete Carrol was using that excuse the other day. USC and OU supposed to have the best recruits so why is'nt the backup just as good?

Thats just part of coaching. Nebraska lost 2 qb's and still won big games before, so the idea of it's not fair my team was'nt healthy really is a bad excuse. Pete Carrol was using that excuse the other day. USC and OU supposed to have the best recruits so why is'nt the backup just as good?

I think it depends on the makeup of the team-- losing Crouch would have been far, far more devastating than losing Tommie, because Tommie was surrounded by monsters and stars and the defense was unbelievable. Sure, the game plan would have to be changed up a little, but anyone could have handed the ball to LP or Green and let the RBs and the line do their job. I am of the opinion that Crouch had some decent backs, but none that could carry the game the way that the two I mentioned could have. LSU has some good talent, but not as many players who would have been THE Man at almost any other school the way that NU did back then.

Losing the qb has various effects with different teams.

Both times Pat White got hurt at WV the results were dire. Their back-up SUCKS. Their vaunted O screeched to a halt. It cost them a chance at the title.

Losing Dixon was huge for Oregon.

LSU's qb's are approximately equal. Flynn has more experience, Perriloux more upside. The drop-off is small.

But after a 21-14 win Saturday over Tennessee in the Southeastern Conference title game and losses later by then-No. 1 Missouri and No. 2 West Virginia, LSU jumped to the second spot in the BCS standings Sunday.

It will play Ohio State Jan. 7 the national title in New Orleans.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10199612

Interesting. After the interview either Dave Weber or Ross Jerstrom commented that now that LSU is number 2 and could be playing for the national championship, Bo is mulling over whether to go back and coach it. Would NU allow him to do that? I think it would be a nice thing for him to be able to do but I'm wondering if his workload here is so large that he won't have time to do it? What do you all think?

I say no for two reasons.

1) LSU has a month to prepare for the game against Ohio St. If Less Miles is any kind of leader he should be able to plug in one of the other defensive coach's and do fine. Remember 4 years agao Frank didn't get a Mulligan so to speak and the Huskers came out fine.

2) He answered the question point blank at the press conference that he was here and ready to start work. Just cause things changed don't mean you can go back now. I thought he gained a lot of cedibility at the press conference, he will lose a bunch if he goes back on it now. They knew on the flight back what the scores were. They also knew there was a possibility that they might be back in the NC hunt. If he wanted to coach in that game he should have waited to come here or talked to TO before the press conference. I can't see TO allowing him to coach.

JMO