95 recruiting class

hoyamannn

Just found this from the free board at rivals, and though some of these guys were never heard of, look at the difference-makers in this class.

Derek Allen D-Line

Luis Almanzar TE/DE

Matt Baldwin O-Line

Chad Bell LB

Andy Bilanzich P

Kris Brown PK

Jeff Clausen O-Line

T.J.Debates LB

Brandon Drum D-Line

Terrell Farley LB

Lonnie Fulton O-Line

Ahman Green RB

Julius Jackson LB

Eric Johnson DB

Marcus Johnson O-Line

Adam Julch O-Line

Chad Kelsay LB

Frankie London QB

Karnell Matthews DB

Tony Ortiz LB

Jeff Perino QB

Jerome Peterson DB

Chris Rainey DB

Kareem Sears LB

James Sherman D-Line

Aaron Wills TE/DE

Just found this from the free board at rivals, and though some of these guys were never heard of, look at the difference-makers in this class.

Derek Allen D-Line

Luis Almanzar TE/DE

Matt Baldwin O-Line

Chad Bell LB

Andy Bilanzich P

Kris Brown PK

Jeff Clausen O-Line

T.J.Debates LB

Brandon Drum D-Line

Terrell Farley LB

Lonnie Fulton O-Line

Ahman Green RB

Julius Jackson LB

Eric Johnson DB

Marcus Johnson O-Line

Adam Julch O-Line

Chad Kelsay LB

Frankie London QB

Karnell Matthews DB

Tony Ortiz LB

Jeff Perino QB

Jerome Peterson DB

Chris Rainey DB

Kareem Sears LB

James Sherman D-Line

Aaron Wills TE/DE

Julch without a doubt is the worst lineman of all time...

Derek Allen D-Line

Luis Almanzar TE/DE

Matt Baldwin O-Line

Chad Bell LB

Andy Bilanzich P

Kris Brown PK

Jeff Clausen O-Line

T.J.Debates LB

Brandon Drum D-Line

Terrell Farley LB

Lonnie Fulton O-Line

Ahman Green RB

Julius Jackson LB

Eric Johnson DB

Marcus Johnson O-Line

Adam Julch O-Line

Chad Kelsay LB

Frankie London QB

Karnell Matthews DB

Tony Ortiz LB

Jeff Perino QB

Jerome Peterson DB

Chris Rainey DB

Kareem Sears LB

James Sherman D-Line

Aaron Wills TE/DE

This was one of TO's best classes, according to recruiting experts. Kelsay, Green, Farley, and Brown were the only "difference makers" in the bunch, with Jackson, Johnson, Ortiz, Wills, Sherman, De Bates, and Julch, being contributors.

Like I have been saying, it takes more than just top-ranked recruits to get the job done, this was one of the best classes in NU history, yet the majority never made an impression on NU football.

yeah...I agree that this class was one of T O's best.....better than half played major roles in the Huskers National title in 97 and the depth of this class allowed the Huskers to remain atop the big 12 north...this class was also responsible for how many nfl players 6 or 7....maybe 10 when you figure in the short careers of some of the players....how many probowlers where in the class?

compare the class of 95 and what it did thu the 5 years that these players were on the field and then show me what Solich did with his best class......please.

This post goes to the heart of what I think of most of you naysayers.....you only show your ignorance when you attack a class like the 95 group...Solich wishes he had the bottom feeders in the class....and anyone who thinks that guys like Eric Johnson and Arron Wills would not be starters on this years team are smoking dope....hell even Julch would be a star on this years team....is that BC fault....no way...and you no it former fan..Oh bye the bye...the majority of the class did make a difference.

The fact that so many want to crush BC for bringing in quality recruits exposes their true hatred of BC because he is not Solich.....

BC had nothing to to with the fall of the Huskers...Solich and his lazy ass coaching staff are responsible.....Did Steve Pud make a shambles of the whole thing?...yes.

I just wish you guys would give BC a break until 07...if we are not back on top of the Big 12 by then ...Well it won't be because BC did'nt recruit....If BC has not righted the ship in the 07 season...then all of the FormerFans can truely say he can't coach....but he can recruit....

The only way to win in college football is to have the horses to run....Solich was a horrible recuiter and the progam show the affects....BC is bringing in great talent and I believe the program will soon feel the affect...GBR

This post goes to the heart of what I think of most of you naysayers.....you only show your ignorance when you attack a class like the 95 group...

BC had nothing to to with the fall of the Huskers...Solich and his lazy ass coaching staff are responsible.....Did Steve Pud make a shambles of the whole thing?...yes.

I just wish you guys would give BC a break until 07...if we are not back on top of the Big 12 by then ...Well it won't be because BC did'nt recruit....If BC has not righted the ship in the 07 season...then all of the FormerFans can truely say he can't coach....but he can recruit....

The only way to win in college football is to have the horses to run....Solich was a horrible recuiter and the progam show the affects....BC is bringing in great talent and I believe the program will soon feel the affect...GBR

First, that was supposed to be a great class, but like most recruiting, it was a crap shoot. My point is that you never know how good the class will be until 3-4 yrs away.

2nd, last years staff was far from lazy. Sure Darlington, Tenopir, and Young didnt go on the road, but Frank made the big decisions to rectify that problem.

3rd, give bc and his horrible staff 3 more years, why? Why do they deserve more of a cushion and more forgiveness than Pelini, Cotton, Williams, and Sanders got?

Remember, puderson was the one who didnt even have the 'stones' to give them ONE FULL YEAR to prove what they could do. WHich what the did was pretty remarkable, by the way.

4th, alot of former great players were recruited by Solich, and many are coming to his defense. Was he the closer, the 'name guy' that TO was, no, not yet, but I wouldnt say that HE PERSONALLY was the bad recruiter. Sure, the faults of his staff fall back on him, but again, he rectified those problems.

Formerfan....well ,I have to tip my hat too you for your last post...while I disagree with some of it, I have to admit that it is far from some of the incoherant hatred we see on this board when BC is discussed....

The reason that BC deserves a pass till August 07....He has NO TALENT....not one NFL caliber player was on the field last year....The Oline is a shambles...the QB spot is a void......the Defense lacks playmakers and the special teams is more like special ed.........BC is not respnsible for the actions of Steve Pud...BC is out on the street working his ass off to get the best players in the country to Nebraska....and I think he is doing a hell of a job.

I say that we should be a National Contender in 97 or BC is the bust that some people say he is...Now I don't think he can miss a bowl game next year and I don't think he will(if Joe D hangs onto one of his unforced fumbles agin S. Miss we would be bowlin this year). BC will have the alot of horses in 06 but the run is in 07 and 08....back to back titles....and then all this will seem so very small....GBR

:cheers

Formerfan....well ,I have to tip my hat too you for your last post...while I disagree with some of it, I have to admit that it is far from some of the incoherant hatred we see on this board when BC is discussed....

The reason that BC deserves a pass till August 07....He has NO TALENT....not one NFL caliber player was on the field last year....The Oline is a shambles...the QB spot is a void......the Defense lacks playmakers and the special teams is more like special ed.........BC is not respnsible for the actions of Steve Pud...BC is out on the street working his ass off to get the best players in the country to Nebraska....and I think he is doing a hell of a job.

I say that we should be a National Contender in 97 or BC is the bust that some people say he is...Now I don't think he can miss a bowl game next year and I don't think he will(if Joe D hangs onto one of his unforced fumbles agin S. Miss we would be bowlin this year). BC will have the alot of horses in 06 but the run is in 07 and 08....back to back titles....and then all this will seem so very small....GBR

:cheers

Do agree w/the last post. Actually Ruud is projected pretty good in the NFL draft, but not the usual 5-10 guys we usually have. These next few years are going to be pretty exciting when we start getting top-notch talent in here again. I can't wait to see Steve Octavien and Dontrelle Moore on the outside this year, running all over the place like Demorrio used to. And watching a QB complete 60-65% of his throws instead of <50%. We have some talent returning with the Bullocks bros, Carriker, Seppo on the o-line, Murtha should be incredible, Ross, BJackson, and hopefully the Fabian of old. But I think our D will be much better w/the better LB's and Deion....I mean, Zack Bowman out there in the defensive backfield. I think we'll be a 9-win team again in 06 at the earliest, and better be a BCS team in 07 if we keep getting 4* and 5* kids flocking into Lincoln once again. The future looks bright!

3rd, give bc and his horrible staff 3 more years, why? Why do they deserve more of a cushion and more forgiveness than Pelini, Cotton, Williams, and Sanders got?

I think you partially answered your own question when you stated:

My point is that you never know how good the class will be until 3-4 yrs away.

Callahan has not had the benefit of having his recruits for three or four years. And the “forgiveness than Pelini, Cotton, Williams and Sanders got” – Solich was fired. When a new coach comes in, it is customary for that coach to select his assistants. It’s just a fact of life that assistants don’t figure into the mix.

The four difference makers listed above included were great players. However, we must remember that half of the four were players FROM Nebraska. Do you really think either one of them would have went anywhere else? Farley was a JuCo recruit who came with a lot of baggage if anyone can remember. Brown was a great kicker if memory serves me correctly was an All-State QB from Texas.

The point is that TO really wasn't an outstanding recruiter either. Fortunately, we just had a bunch of In-State kids that were really good during that stretch. The Mackovickas, Kelsays, Connealy, Greene, Frost, etc. were all really outstanding players here at NU. Maybe these guys weren't even that great coming, but TO knew how to develop talent. I'm not saying BC can't devlop talent, but he sure didn't show this year that he could play to our strengths. My only goal this year for this year's team was to be competitive. In several games, we weren't even close to being competitive. Last year we may not have looked competitive against KState, but at least they were the Big 12 champs last year. This year we weren't competitive against them either and they finished what 10th.