Ron Brown offically hired

Again with the insults, huh? Anyway, I do have a clue. You may not personally have a problem with someone using a government position to promote his religious views, but the Consitution of the United States does. The First Amendment PROHIBITS someone from using a government position to advance his or her beliefs about religion. What that person does on his own time is his business, and is PROTECTED by the First Amendment. The Supreme Court has beenq quite clear about this on numerous occasions. Including the very conservative version of the Supreme Court that currently decides cases. Just last year they affirmed this position (take a look at McCreary County, Ky. v. American Civil Liberties if you don't believe me).

I'm sorry this issue is so emotional for you that you continue to resort to personal insults. I've had enough of your personal insults, so I will not be replying to your comments any further since intelligent discourse is not about insults and emotional responses.

First off, you have NO CLUE what you're talking about - McCreary was a case where the ACLU felt that the display of the ten commandments was an official espousal of the tenets of Christianity, and therefore unconstitutional. This is FAR DIFFERENT from having employees who believe in a particular flavor of religion. Seriously know what you're talking about before posting next time - don't just spend two seconds googling something and then pretend you're an expert. Some people here actually do work in this field.

Finally, don't even pretend to claim moral high ground here. YOU are the person who, with no provocation, came out and attacked Ron Brown because of his faith. Your intolerance has perpetuated this conversation, and your whining is what has kept it going. I advised you once already to stop digging your hole, but here you are, getting deeper and deeper with every post.

I'm sorry that you cannot have a conversation without crying that someone is insulting you, but that appears to be the case. And way to insinuate that I'm not intelligent because I disagree with you. So much for the moral high ground on not insulting people.

Ok, one more response, even though you came back with even more insults. I do do work in this field. McCreary, although dealing with a different issue, does affirm that the government may not promote religious ideas.

And again you are insulting me. And I did not insinuate that you are not intelligent because you disagree with me. You are entitled to your opinion. I didn't insinuate anything. I stated the obvious, which is that you cannot have an conversation with anyone who disagrees with you without resorting to insults. Your posts here and in numerous other threads proves that point. The internet is a very big place where you will meet a lot of people with varying opinions. That doesn't mean you have to insult them.

edit: And I've never attacked Ron Brown. As I said in previous posts, I like the guy. I think he is a good person and a good coach. I just wish he would not use his status as a Nebraska coach to advance his religious beliefs. By all accounts, Tom Osborne is a very religious man, but I have never once seen him advance his beliefs through his position of employment.

And knapplc, I thank God for the ignore function, because you are now on it. Thankfully I never have to see you insulting me or other people again. Just so you know, you are the first person I have ever ignored on a message board, so I have a pretty high tolerance for your brand of posting...

And knapplc, I thank God for the ignore function, because you are now on it. Thankfully I never have to see you insulting me or other people again. Just so you know, you are the first person I have ever ignored on a message board, so I have a pretty high tolerance for your brand of posting...

So you can insult me, call me names, and that's OK, but now I'M the bad guy because I called you on your intolerance?

How convenient for you to have two standards by which you judge behavior.

Thank you for adding me to your ignore list. It's a blessing, really.

And to further educate you on McCreary (which, again, you are misinterpreting), the Supremes stated that displaying the Ten Commandments in public facilities violates the First Amendment by making the determination that such displays have NO OTHER PURPOSE than to proselytize. Where you are misusing this ruling is in the incorrect insinuation that Brown’s mere mentioning of God in an interview has NO OTHER PURPOSE than to proselytize. This is the same as a person mentioning their family in an interview, then having you condemn them for promoting marriage to people who wish to stay single. It is entirely misplaced, but you see only your point of view, and you do so insultingly by calling people “immature” and “unintelligent,” then crying about it when they speak to you in kind.

Well, I for one am darned glad that you have chosen to ignore me – it will save me from more of this kind of nonsense directed specifically at me, and this is not the first time I’ve been your target.

Good day to you, brother.