Lets Move the Haters to their own special spot

Armistead

You'll always find haters after a change that doesn't have immediate success. It's just human nature - some people have more patience than others, and it's hard to swallow the first losing season in what?...40 years?...quietly, I would think.

Don't lose sight of the fact that the folks who don't like Calahan love the program as much as you do and want it to be successful. I think once play starts again next September, attitudes will change back to the normal Husker banter of intelligent critique coupled with love of the team.

I don't know who said it, but "winning cures everything" is about as true a statement as I've ever heard. The Big Red will be back - with or without Calahan. I mean, it doesn't really matter who the coach is or what style of offense they use as long as they win and do it the right way, right?

The time to really start worrying about the state of Husker fandom is when you *don't* get dissention and grumblings after a bad season - no fan of a great program should accept these kinds of results.

IRISH!

This board is nothing but one long argument....not a discussion....an argument....the Haters on this site turn every single thread into an opprtunitry to bash BC or Steve Pedersen, the haters look at our posts for any opening to spew vile and mostly basless crap....it almost impossible to talk about a recriut or even the schedule without some a-hole hater flaming the thread out with some rant on how BC's wife is a shoplifter or Cosgrove forced Ruud to take roids....I try to post like I was sittin across the table from who ever I am responding to...these haters are online rambos who would never talk this trash to our faces....nobody who likes his fellow man or even wants to get home in one piece treats others as the haters do.......

The People who run this board need to take the hater threads to the smack section of this board or risk having nothing but a BC deathwatch site....thats what this place is coming too.....get control of this place or just bann me before I bann myself......please sir....can I have another

Armistead, the board Administrators and moderators have discussed this suggestion before – it’s been suggested by one of us, in fact. While I understand your feelings on it, there are some points to consider – and I want to stress that what follows is my personal opinion. I am not speaking in an official capacity, and I’m not saying that something will not happen:

1. Outside of the recruiting forum, it becomes difficult to draw a line between what is considered “legitimate” opinion offered in debate, and “non-legitimate” rants.

2. The beauty of a board like this is that is does provide a forum for those who feel the need to vent. When a program is going through hard times – especially for a program that has been so successful for so long – some fans need to express their displeasure. Fans tend to become proprietary about “their” teams. As you know from my posts, I don’t share the same views as those who hate Callahan – I think that under Solich we had reached a plateau. We needed to make a change, and having done so, we need to give the new staff time to implement their system, bring in their recruits, and coach them in that system. But others will not, and do not, see it that way. While they way they express it – or the fact that they try to interject that view into every kind of thread – is a pain for those who accept that we are where we are and nothing’s going to change that for at least a few years, it doesn’t mean that a board devoted to discussion of Husker football should try and prevent those views from being expressed.

3. Even assuming we create a “haters” forum, folks will still post where they want – and the administrators and moderators can’t monitor the board 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. Which means even if we do our best, threads will be “hijacked” regardless, so what you perceive as a problem won’t be solved, no matter how diligent we are.

4. A board without dissent is a boring board. While you can have some discussion about issues on a purely “football” level, sooner or later that peters out – and you’re left with a membership that is a homogenous and uniform. Boring, to say the least.

Yeah, it would be nice if folks would simply recognize that Callahan is here to stay for at least a few more years, and that all the rants and raves about the staff won’t change a thing, but you and I both know that won’t happen. I would recommend that, as much as possible, you just ignore them. As IrishAZ put it so well, “I don't know who said it, but ‘winning cures everything’ is about as true a statement as I've ever heard.” Things will settle down once NU regains its position – whether that’s under Callahan or someone else.

I agree with what AR said, but I think some people are going to be turned away from the board if all they see is hate hate hate hate. I know some people have had enough. Every board I read people are getting tired of it.

I know people need a place to vent, but we are coming up on a year since Solich was fired. How long do people need to vent? You and I both know we have our members who sum total of all posts have to do with ranting and raving about one thing or another and have really nothing to do with football and never will. These are the same people who come around when the team loses and never when they win. They come around only when there is some mud to sling. Granted, you are always going to have the yahoo's who can't talk about anything without interjecting some ridiculous notion that has nothing to do with the topic at hand or hijack every topic they touch, but I think the line has to be drawn somewhere.

I hope you are right and everything will shake out, but it's pretty damn frustrating.

Winning cures alot of things but I don't know if it could cure what has taken place at nu, atleast not for me. Until we get some real blood in here that are one of us and act like one of us then it's going to be tough to turn around.

This is what I mean.

I would agree with the statement that winning cures everything to some extent. But I would also like to use a statement from Bo Pelini that says "winning hides weaknesses." This is something that I think a lot of people need to look at over the past couple of years. It was never more apparent than in 2002 when we were one of the top teams and undefeated going into the Colorado game. They showed our weakness of having poor linebackers and not tht being physical up front on defense. Miami also showed us that and it continued into the next year. We all realized what the problem was when we were losing but no one probally said anything about it when we were winning.

This board is nothing but one long argument....not a discussion....an argument....the Haters on this site turn every single thread into an opprtunitry to bash BC or Steve Pedersen, the haters look at our posts for any opening to spew vile and mostly basless crap....it almost impossible to talk about a recriut or even the schedule without some a-hole hater flaming the thread out with some rant on how BC's wife is a shoplifter or Cosgrove forced Ruud to take roids....I try to post like I was sittin across the table from who ever I am responding to...these haters are online rambos who would never talk this trash to our faces....nobody who likes his fellow man or even wants to get home in one piece treats others as the haters do.......

The People who run this board need to take the hater threads to the smack section of this board or risk having nothing but a BC deathwatch site....thats what this place is coming too.....get control of this place or just bann me before I bann myself......please sir....can I have another

while i respect you Arm this would never work. how could they creat a board where everything was of one opinoin? i wudnt want to try it. near impossible. IMO its not that bad anyway. yes some people are upset, but the people who constantly rant with no purpose is really a small fraction overall. personally when someone says somethin in a thread Im posting in I don agree with I just ignore it and keep talking about what the post was started for. if eveyrone just does that it will be fine. no board is gonna be perfect but this one comes prtty close.

I agree with what AR said, but I think some people are going to be turned away from the board if all they see is hate hate hate hate. I know some people have had enough. Every board I read people are getting tired of it.

I know people need a place to vent, but we are coming up on a year since Solich was fired. How long do people need to vent? You and I both know we have our members who sum total of all posts have to do with ranting and raving about one thing or another and have really nothing to do with football and never will. These are the same people who come around when the team loses and never when they win. They come around only when there is some mud to sling. Granted, you are always going to have the yahoo's who can't talk about anything without interjecting some ridiculous notion that has nothing to do with the topic at hand or hijack every topic they touch, but I think the line has to be drawn somewhere.

I hope you are right and everything will shake out, but it's pretty damn frustrating.

Winning cures alot of things but I don't know if it could cure what has taken place at nu, atleast not for me. Until we get some real blood in here that are one of us and act like one of us then it's going to be tough to turn around.

This is what I mean.

I don't about alot of other people but it really has nothing to do with solich getting fired. I thought he should of stayed on but I wasn't positive he could take us to the promise land. I thought he was doing ok, not great but ok. I don't think you can fire him after the season we had and the turn around we had and with the new staff. What does piss me off is the way everything has changed, all the coaches are gone, all the nebraska type way is gone. The way pederson acts makes me sick. The way callahan acts is the same to me. These people and these coaches know nothing about our tradition and how nebraska football is and how you are suppose to act. Just my opinion. Like I said, I didn't have a huge problem with solich getting fired but it sure started off bad with the timing and the way it was done and it has snowballed since then imo.

Benard, I totally respect your last post. I agree with everything that you said except for the Calahan part. I am not going to disagree with you with anything that you said about him but I will just state that I am willing to give him a few more years and then judge him for what he has does. Normally your post have to do with the fact that you hate him and you are not going to give him a chance, but this last post seems to me that you don't hate him but more or less that you hate that he was the one that was brought in to take over a coach that has been here for a number of years and become part of the husker family.

I don't about alot of other people but it really has nothing to do with solich getting fired. I thought he should of stayed on but I wasn't positive he could take us to the promise land. I thought he was doing ok, not great but ok. I don't think you can fire him after the season we had and the turn around we had and with the new staff. What does piss me off is the way everything has changed, all the coaches are gone, all the nebraska type way is gone. The way pederson acts makes me sick. The way callahan acts is the same to me. These people and these coaches know nothing about our tradition and how nebraska football is and how you are suppose to act. Just my opinion. Like I said, I didn't have a huge problem with solich getting fired but it sure started off bad with the timing and the way it was done and it has snowballed since then imo.

Congratulations. You have taken another thread about something totally different and turned it into a thread about Anti-Callahan vs. OK with Callahan. That's what I meant when I said "This is what I mean."

So, that aside, do you have any input for the topic at hand? That is, have a separate forum for people who would like to do nothing but post how much they hate everything? If not, feel free to take the discussion elsewhere.