Bo Pelini

this is the point in time where we have to sit around and worry about stuff like this. all we can do is swallow our feelings and wait for Bo to prove himself.

as for the other topic..

i understand certain gripes when it comes to internet lingo.. especially when it takes away from your ability to read as smoothly as you usually do. but some of you make yourselves sound like senior citizens. this is the internet, we have the luxury of being less formal than we have to be at our jobs. don't take that right away from us just because you confuse your computer with a typewriter. you wouldn't eat a mcdonalds cheeseburger with a fork and knife, so why not save letter writing skills for the nine to five.

"You play like you practice" dedhoarse

I don't expect people to be perfect in their grammar..I'm never anywhere close to it, but the more times incorrect word usage is read, it starts to become "normal" and then you start making those same mistakes in your important stuff. (see how many times people use the term "anyways")...I'm not even positive it's incorrect anymore.

Like it or not, people judge your intelligence by how you communicate and in turn, will probably discard anything you say or write or even think your ideas "stupid" just because you stutter or don't write guud.

Then, Fans of other teams or reporters from L.A. quote you in their own newspapers to show the rest of the "intelligent Fans" how backward we are.

Seems like growing up in Nebraska, we were always in competition with the Iowa School system (or at least compared to them on their standardized tests)...Have standards gone down that much in the last 20 years?

I read very slowly, but thanks to this board, I've almost doubled my speed...Still, Sometimes I fall into bad habits and read these post out loud..If there's no periods or punctuation, my lips get mighty tired and sometimes pass out if I forget to breathe during the run-on sentences.

I'd never want to write any different than the way I talk, but then, I don't expect to ever write for a living, either.