Bo Pelini

I hate to be a buzkill on the whole bo pelini thing and i do admit that hes got me fired up. I swear to god im ready to head down to the field for walkon tryouts. I wanted to get up and tackle someone after i read his speach the man can put a fire under your a**.

But like i said is he to good to be true. Its like he said everything we wanted to hear. Everything weve been looking for and wanting in a coach he says he is. Bring back all the traditions and fundamentals. Its like he was telling us what we want to here not necessarly what he believes. I hope im wrong on this one because he has my spirits up, way up. I dont remember what the press conference was like when callahan was introduced but did anyone feel anything from him. Was he feathering the cornhusker fanbase along as well.

Im sorry to be skeptical but i just dont want to get my hopes up for what weve had in the last 4 years is all.

Did anyone else feel like he was leading us on. He knows weve been down and out and maybe he knew exactly what he needed to say to get into our hearts.

Ben

I pretty much ignore the posts where I cannot understand the spelling or grammar. It is very hard to give an intelligent response to someone who does not type clearly.

I am sure I am not missing that much. :sarcasm

U R knot mising a ting 4 shur (10SNE1)

You should try using question marks? I am too confused to answer your non questions right now?

Spelling and grammar on this board as a whole is extremely lacking. I've just learned to adapt.

I'm SO glad some else feels the same way! :clap

I read a couple other boards...and there are members of this board who are the worst when it comes to spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.

This isn't a "text message".

This is a message board.

It's hard to take anyone seriously that can't convey their message in a manor that commands some respect, and credibility.

You should try using question marks? I am too confused to answer your non questions right now?

Spelling and grammar on this board as a whole is extremely lacking. I've just learned to adapt.

I read a couple other boards...and there are members of this board who are the worst when it comes to spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.

This is a message board.

It's hard to take anyone seriously that can't convey their message in a manor that commands some respect, and credibility.

Bear in mind that if a posters "style" doesn't suit you, you can use the Ignore function to block his or her messages. There is a tutorial on its use pinned to the top of the forum.

This is a message board.

Bear in mind that if a posters "style" doesn't suit you, you can use the Ignore function to block his or her messages. There is a tutorial on its use pinned to the top of the forum.

And....if any of you really enjoy negativity, you can always go to RSS. :corndance:corndance:corndance

Jeez, the guy makes a sincere post and we berate him for his spelling and grammar.

I empathize with BRPW. You would think that with all the hoopla surrounding Bo that the second coming of Christ was near. In particular, people seem to toss around the "intensity" trait that Bo brings to the Huskers as if it's the be-all end-all virtue of all head coaches. This may be a great coaching virtue, but it is not the complete package that a coach needs to bring to the table in order to produce a top tier team. I admit that I was one of those who blindly and foolishly put faith in Cally when he was hired. In particular, I bought the scam that the team was on the "rise", despite the won-loss record, because the team had lacked talent when he inherited the team. And when Cally and Co. had produced, apparently, outstanding recruiting classes, I also saw this as proof that team was on the rise (as if recruiting was the be-all end-all of head coaching). So, I am hesitant to "buy" into all the talk about intensity and going back to the good-ol' days. I am cautiously optimistic about Pelini and will reserve judgement as to his coaching prowress when I see the team take the field next year.

GBR!

Are there really people on here comparing what i type to text messageing. Umm how about gbr or imo. Sorry im not into short internet talk lingo. I apologize if my spelling, grammer, and sentence structure doesnt suit your better then average needs. I just didnt think it was necessary to put a spell checker on something that isnt going to be sent to a teacher. Were adults and you can understand what im saying. For crine out loud just deal with the topic on hand or dont answer it at all.

Ben

Are there really people on here comparing what i type to text messageing. Umm how about gbr or imo. Sorry im not into short internet talk lingo. I apologize if my spelling, grammer, and sentence structure doesnt suit your better then average needs. I just didnt think it was necessary to put a spell checker on something that isnt going to be sent to a teacher. Were adults and you can understand what im saying. For crine out loud just deal with the topic on hand or dont answer it at all.

Ben

...yes, "for crine out loud". :laughpound

Ben

...yes, "for crine out loud". :laughpound

lol.....Anyway, I hope just hope the guy comes back after moonlighting in New Orleans.

To weigh in on this question.. "Is Bo Pelini too good to be true?" I will have to answer no. Some people have elevated him to Saint status, and he surely isn't quite that. I guess the answer lies with your expectations.

I expect him to a straight-forward, honest, firey coach, with good integrity and values. I expect him to be fair and up front with his players and hold true to Nebraska tradition.

That's what TO was looking for, that's what we as fans were looking for, Pelini can meet and even exceed those expectations and that's why he was hired.