Callahan is "very good to him"

kramer

This past week, Chris Patrik announced he will not be looking to transfer and will be staying with the Husker.

He was actually called a good person. His mother says "Coach Callahan has been very good to Chris". Hmm.. I wonder how that could be possible. I thought he was a "win-at-all-costs" coach who didn't care about people.

Hmm.. I wonder how that could be possible. I thought he was a "win-at-all-costs" coach who didn't care about people.

Or could it be that people want him to be that way so he is easier to hate ;). I don't think he is bad guy, but I get the feeling he doesn't take **** from people or players.

This past week, Chris Patrik announced he will not be looking to transfer and will be staying with the Husker.

He was actually called a good person. His mother says "Coach Callahan has been very good to Chris". Hmm.. I wonder how that could be possible. I thought he was a "win-at-all-costs" coach who didn't care about people.

For some reason he was hell bent on keeping patrick here compared to keenan,schular,birkel,etc. Wouldn't be suprised if he didn't promise him a starting job or something. Thats about the way he works.

Wouldn't be suprised if he didn't promise him a starting job or something.  Thats about the way he works.

Who has he promised a starting job? Do you see a precedence for this? Do you have any proof of this happening?

2 or 3 recruits have all but said that they are the starters and have it promised to them.

Wouldn't be suprised if he didn't promise him a starting job or something.  Thats about the way he works.

Who has he promised a starting job? Do you see a precedence for this? Do you have any proof of this happening?

2 or 3 recruits have all but said that they are the starters and have it promised to them.

Well send a link to the quotes. Who are the kids? If you are gonna make statements like that, be prepared to back it up with feasible data. This is why no one believes nor cares what you have to say, Benard.

For some reason he was hell bent on keeping patrick here compared to keenan,schular,birkel,etc. Wouldn't be suprised if he didn't promise him a starting job or something. Thats about the way he works.

Let's see Schular they didn't want him to get hurt even worse. Birkel=D-1aa talent. Maybe this kid shows something during practice. Muy wanted to be closer to his family. Nobody knows about Keenan and Pilkington though. I can't believe you would post something negative about a good story. :wacko:

Well send a link to the quotes. Who are the kids? If you are gonna make statements like that, be prepared to back it up with feasible data. This is why no one believes nor cares what you have to say, Benard.

My god, buy a paper or get online and read the paper. This has been in the news for a couple weeks now.

Steve Octavien says his heart was telling him to select Nebraska.

So was the junior college linebacker's competitive instinct, fueled by the chance for immediate playing time in 2005.

"The Nebraska coaches told me I'm their starter," Octavien said Monday in announcing his verbal pledge to accept the Huskers' scholarship offer. "They said they've penciled me in as a starter. They said it's my job to keep.

Journal star article

First downs and second guesses while wondering how many recruits were promised starting jobs next season by Bill Callahan's staff:

Shatel comments on it

There has been a few others that have said the same thing. Now some will argue that "technically they just said they are penciled in as the starters and have to earn it, blah blah blah but how is that fair? Shouldn't the players there that they have seen and worked their butt off be at the top and these guys have to beat them out? Whats this saying for a guy like bradley or little ruud, or Mckeon? You suck? I don't like the chemistry of this situation. I can understand telling them if you play good and are the real deal then you you have a chance to play alot here but to say when you come in here you are our #1 guy, I don't like it.

That's one guy you listed and that's YOUR interpretation of what was said. Tom Shatel has an opinion on lots of things. He usually says crap to sell newspapers, because a lot of what he says, like you, comes out of nowhere and can't be backed up. Thanks for making a half-@$$ed attempt to back up your babble, but it falls flat on its face.