CSTV's Greatest College Receivers

Anyone else seen/watching this? College Sports Television is counting down the ten greatest college receivers of all time and they've got the Jet at seventh. Pretty cool little montage of clips from his college days, I've never seen anything else that he did besides that punt return against Oklahoma.

Anyone else seen/watching this? College Sports Television is counting down the ten greatest college receivers of all time and they've got the Jet at seventh. Pretty cool little montage of clips from his college days, I've never seen anything else that he did besides that punt return against Oklahoma.

I think he should have been rated higher. Wish I could see the montage, but I do not have cable.

:box

post-4426-1196959961.jpg

He should be #1 not only as a reciever but as a return man. IMO the most exciting college football player ever. There was/is? a tape of hime called Portrait of a Heisman I would highly recommend for anyone that wants to remember him or was not lucky enough to see him play. The tightend from Oklahoma was probably Keith Jackson.

I'm very proud to say that, based on a recommendation from Jim Rose, CBS contacted me in October about this show.

The radio clips in this program came from library of recordings.

It's was a big thrill for me to work on that project!

The number one receiver . . . Jerry Rice.

OK, I can see him as the best receiver ever in the NFL but College? He wasn't even drafted high coming out of college.

It amazes me that People can't make these best ever list without using NFL career biases.

yeah but look at the guys stats in college, they were unreal, especially during that time period.