contracts not signed

Is anyone else a little nervous that Bo doesn't have a signed contract yet and Les Miles hasn't signed his extension yet? I would hate for LSU to win the MNC, have Miles decide to go to Michigan and have Bo stay at LSU. Hope I'm being paranoid, but would feel a lot better if Bo had his contract signed before he goes down to Louisiana.

Nebraska is his dream job, and he's already committed himself. Not to mention unfair to the assistant coaches he is expected to bring on, who are also committed. I didn't get the feeling from his introduction that he's that kind of coach.

And don't forget the recruits he's out doing damage control with - doesn't help the program any if he flies south for the winter and foreseeable future.

Don't worry about the contract. At this point, it's pretty much a pleasantry. Bo Pelini is Nebraska's 28th head coach, for better or for worse.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3144459

BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU coach Les Miles has signed a contract extension that will keep him with the Tigers through 2012.

The deal was approved Thursday by the LSU board's athletic committee, apparently ending any chance of Miles leaving for Michigan to replace Lloyd Carr, who retired last month. The approval of the full board is needed, but that is considered a formality when the board meets Friday.

The contract doesn't change Miles' salary, which will already rise to at least $2.8 million annually based on LSU's Southeastern Conference championship this year.

If LSU wins the national championship, the contract provides Miles would become among the nation's top-earning college football coaches. University officials estimate that would put his annual earnings somewhere between $3.2 million and $3.5 million.

LSU (11-2) faces Ohio State (11-1) in the Allstate BCS Championship Game on Jan. 7 at the Louisiana Superdome.

Just before his team played Tennessee in the SEC title game Dec. 1, Miles effectively ended speculation he would bolt Baton Rouge for Michigan, announcing his intention to remain at LSU.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

I wondering if maybe the reason Bo hasn't signed his Nebraska contract yet is so he can coach the LSU game? I don't know if there is anything legal that would stop him if he did sign the contract, was just wondering.

That's a very good possibility. Could be a NCAA rule.

Why would anyone be nervous there is not a signed contract? I believe if you read articles from the Journal Star and other statements from the Athletic department the official contract was being written up still. It takes a while between the respective parties, layers and all the legal stuff to get a final drafted copy. They said there were already initial agreements in principle.

Why would anyone be nervous there is not a signed contract? I believe if you read articles from the Journal Star and other statements from the Athletic department the official contract was being written up still. It takes a while between the respective parties, layers and all the legal stuff to get a final drafted copy. They said there were already initial agreements in principle.

Like I said, I'm probably being paranoid. I just remember the whole dana altman from creighton to arkansas and back.

Contracts are meaningless anyways, every coach has a buyout option both for the coach and for the university and if a school wants that coach they will be willing to pay the buyout.

I don't believe there will be any changes whether Pelini signs a contract now or later. The only change may be the final dollar amount if LSU wins due in large part to the defense.