Help with info on the Huskers-2007 Big 12 tecmo Bowl edit

Greetings all. Im in the process of editting "The Original Tecmo Bowl"(1989) and replacing the 12 teams with Big 12 football.

Ive got the Big 12's official site with the "all B-12 teams" players and other stats at my disposal but could use some help. Chime in with any thoughts/suggestions.

A Few things 1st...I somehwat researched the nuts and bolts of NU before the ISU game to see who was who, and well thats now been ages ago. I need another primer to help make the roster.

Observations so far

Offense- I plan on making Marlon Lucky pretty good...not exactly elite, but he will be a factor in the passing game(as per his high reception toal this season).

Whats the deal with Keller was he injured the last few games or was he pulled in favor of Ganz?

I'll tab Purify as the top WR, but is there a preferecne at who should be the other?(we can only have 2) Nate Swift or Terrance nun? Sean hill as the starting TE. Also why was Purify listed as only starting 4 games?

Carl Nicks(OT) gets a pretty decent rating in hitting power with his Big-12 2nd team nomination. I didnt really see any additional info to make any other O-lineman exceptional with thier abilities. In Tecmo though about 85% of all O-lineman are the same. Can someone one hook me up with the O-lineman names(the main starters). that info is a little difficult to track down properly online. ive found various depth charts from different points n the seasom and they are usually all somewhat different.

Defense Based off points and yardage allowed doesnt look like NU will have much for ability on that side of the ball. Most teams on tecmo utilize a 3-4 defense. based off the individual stats such as games started and tackles I have the NU defense looking like this.

DE's Turner/Potter

NT Ndamukong Suh

LB's Rudd/Octavien/Mckeon/Brandenburg

DB's(original Tecmo only has 2)-Grixby/Asante

comments/suggestions?

Keller got injured in the Texas game.

Swift should definitely be the second receiver, Nunn had very limited action all year and didn't do much at all. As for Purify starting 4 games, "starting" as a wide receiver under Callahan was kind of irrelevant, because they subbed out so much, Purify played good minutes in every game except one, due to suspension. I don't profess to know your lineman questions, but Matt Slauson (pretty sure that's his name :P) and Lydon Murtha are two names that come to mind.

Put Dillard in for either Rudd or McKeon! :P

i have a copy of tecmo super bowl, with all the teams replaced with major college programs, rosters and everything. its a snes rom for play on an emulator. its pretty sweet the way they put it together, the roster is from 95, and we all know how great a roster that was for us.

What will the availability of this be, if any upon completion? I would love to give it a whirl!

At this moment, im just trying to accumulate the neccesary info. I have an editor for TB, so after thats done, then i'll get down to the editing process(which can be somewhat time consuming). From there i can store the rom on the Tecmo repository site. Once its stored there, you can play online thru a nes emulator.

The grand conclusion would be to have the guy from NESreproductions put it onto a NES cart so i can play it on my NES console(a $40 ordeal). It would make for a great tailgating game to break out up at Jack Trice Stadium next fall.

i have a copy of tecmo super bowl, with all the teams replaced with major college programs, rosters and everything. its a snes rom for play on an emulator. its pretty sweet they way they put it together, the roster is from 95, and we all know how great a roster that was for us.

Wow, ive not heard of that specific rom. Seems the most popular one is the Tecmo Rose Bowl from maybe 2004(?) While im an advocate of the original Tecmo Bowl, these Tecmo Super Bowl college roms always sound intriuging to play for me.

and the best part is ....that the college teams on these TB roms square off in a playoff to decide the champion. :corndance