Micheal Vick Sentenced To 23 Months

AR Husker Fan

Some team will pick him up in a few years and he'll probably finish his career as a back-up somewhere. <_<

No, I don't think so. By the time he's available, he'll have been away from the game for over 2 years. That's an eternity - particularly for a quarterback. He was a mediocre passer at best - by the time he's back he'll be awful. If he stands any chance, it would have to be as a running back - and my guess is that the skills will be atrophied by then...

Some team will pick him up in a few years and he'll probably finish his career as a back-up somewhere. <_<

No, I don't think so. By the time he's available, he'll have been away from the game for over 2 years. That's an eternity - particularly for a quarterback. He was a mediocre passer at best - by the time he's back he'll be awful. If he stands any chance, it would have to be as a running back - and my guess is that the skills will be atrophied by then...

Yeah, well....how many times have they taken Ricky Williams back now?

Ricky doesn't cause PETA demonstrations everywhere he goes...

Ricky doesn't cause PETA demonstrations everywhere he goes...

just hippies...and really is there much of a change between peta and hippies?

Michael Vick sentenced to 23 months

Well, given that he'll be luck to get out in 18 months, and given the stigma that will be attached to his name, he'd best start practicing for his new career.

Michael, can you say, "Want fries with that?"

It is a tragedy that he ONLY got 23 months when it should've been 5 years. I don't think he will get back into the NFL simply because of Roger Goodell. Given the way he has handled things it would probably be another year after out of jail to get reinstated into the NFL. The only good thing is his legs will be fresh and probably be a running back or wide receiver, it will be too late for him to play qb since he couldn't throw the ball that good anyways. I'm not sure even fast food restaurants will hire him. lol.

begs to question, how long would your average joe get locked up for the same crime?

Well, his co-defendents got less time. However, the judge went for the upper limit (based on the law in effect at the time) due to Vick being unwilling to accept responsibility for the whole affair, his violation of his probation (tested positive for pot) and other factors. I'd say that the sentence was both justified and what would have happened to anyone in similar circumstances.

He actually got off lucky. Had he been indicted just a few months later, he would have come under the current law, which makes it a major felony, and he'd be looking at years - lots of 'em.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...