West Coast Offense

hoyamannn

The QB can't have a headset

I've kinda been wondering why that is. I mean is it just to keep the game as different from pro as much as possible? Or is there some other reason? I'm just curious.

Why should you need one? Players are meant to play on the field. Not coaches tell them how to play while they are on the field.

It's really no different than any of the methods mentioned. The point of any method is to get the plays in to the signal caller. If they want to use that new fangled radio technology, great. If they want to rotate wide out's, great.

If Bill's WCO relies to heavily on being able to talk directly to the QB via a headset, that's something he is going to have to address. I wish a reporter would have asked him exactly why Joe was running to the sidelines for plays this past year.

But I echo rocketlb's sentiment. Is it simply against the rules in the NCAA to use headsets? Too expensive (I can't image it is)? Does anyone know?

The QB can't have a headset

I've kinda been wondering why that is. I mean is it just to keep the game as different from pro as much as possible? Or is there some other reason? I'm just curious.

Why should you need one? Players are meant to play on the field. Not coaches tell them how to play while they are on the field.

It's really no different than any of the methods mentioned. The point of any method is to get the plays in to the signal caller. If they want to use that new fangled radio technology, great. If they want to rotate wide out's, great.

If Bill's WCO relies to heavily on being able to talk directly to the QB via a headset, that's something he is going to have to address. I wish a reporter would have asked him exactly why Joe was running to the sidelines for plays this past year.

But I echo rocketlb's sentiment. Is it simply against the rules in the NCAA to use headsets? Too expensive (I can't image it is)? Does anyone know?

I cant quote the exact rule, but I believe that the NCAA has outlawed the use of headsets on the field because it supposedly gives an unfair advantage and is "too expensive" (yeah, right). Sounds a little hypocritical.

• 2 weeks later...