NU vs Houston, new info

formerfan

Check out http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=1291118

Apparently, even ESPN thought that is was a done deal, those darn liars.

"This one we had tied up," Soltys said. "It was 100 percent set as our Thursday night opener."

Im sure that some of you will still believe anything that he says, but when quite a few reputable people speak negatively about the way he handles his business, his professionality, his dignity,and his honesty, I tend to think that there might be a problem with old steve-o.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg...8&u_sid=1291122

Either Pederson is the most unprofessional person and biggest liar in the world, or Maggard is bush league. I don't like Pederson because he doesn't seem to handle anything the right way. I don't remember Byrne or Devaney ever having problems like this. There has to be something about him that even his peers don't like.

BTW No one said Birkel was a liar, either. It's just that no one cares.

It's not Pedersons fault. Give the guy a little credit. It was better for us to get 7 home games next yr. He did what was best for your Nebraska Cornhuskers. Get off the guys back, and let him do his job.

Peace

If that is the case then so be it, just BE HONEST ABOUT IT.

There have been enough reputable people that have spoken out about pud's lack of integrity and honesty that we cannot ignore it any longer.

It's not Pedersons fault. Give the guy a little credit. It was better for us to get 7 home games next yr. He did what was best for your Nebraska Cornhuskers. Get off the guys back, and let him do his job.

Peace

It was better for us to get 7 home games then to play in front of everyone on national tv? And also getting two home games in a row with houston the 2 following years? WHoa I disagree with you.

If that's true, I am not surprised that Houston had a date set with ESPN. The fact of the matter still is that the contract for the GAME wasn't completed. It's not our fault that their AD went out and secured the game with ESPN without securing the game itself. The guy got caught with his pants down and is pissed about it. THE END. There is really nothing more to talk about.

The Houston AD promised a national audience on ESPN. Then that became College Sports Network. Then maybe no no TV at all. ESPN is seen in approxametly 71% of all homes in America. CSTV is in about half of that. Houston is also struggling to maintain their status as a division 1-A team as attendance is and has been dwindling.

Oh, and we didn't replace Houston with Maine. The contract with Maine was done before the contract with Wake Forest was. Thus, I guess you could say we replaced Houston with Wake Forest. I don't think either of those games are going to be anything like a Central Florida either.

If that's true, I am not surprised that Houston had a date set with ESPN. The fact of the matter still is that the contract for the GAME wasn't completed. It's not our fault that their AD went out and secured the game with ESPN without securing the game itself. The guy got caught with his pants down and is pissed about it. THE END. There is really nothing more to talk about.

The Houston AD promised a national audience on ESPN. Then that became College Sports Network. Then maybe no no TV at all. ESPN is seen in approxametly 71% of all homes in America. CSTV is in about half of that. Houston is also struggling to maintain their status as a division 1-A team as attendance is and has been dwindling.

Oh, and we didn't replace Houston with Maine. The contract with Maine was done before the contract with Wake Forest was. Thus, I guess you could say we replaced Houston with Wake Forest. I don't think either of those games are going to be anything like a Central Florida either.

Lol, I lose alot of respect for you if your believing that crap that pederson is feeding you. If pederson was wondering what was going on or wanted to move things along, why wouldn't he call the AD and talk about it or Call espn and ask them whats going on? Not just say screw it and do it secretively. Thats Typical pederson. Garbage!

Lol, I lose alot of respect for you if your believing that crap that pederson is feeding you.

Hey, I could give a **** what you think of me.

It boils down to this, consistently. You believe anything anyone else says as long as it fits your agenda. I look at the ALL the reports, couple it with my own experience and make a decision.

If pederson was wondering what was going on or wanted to move things along, why wouldn't he call the AD and talk about it or Call espn and ask them whats going on?

This is how I look at it.

I heard on the radio that Steve said he DID contact Houston to see if they had a lock with the game for ESPN and had a contract signed with them and Conference USA. Houston said "We are gonna get that done". Well, if it were me, that's not good enough either. The schedule NEEDED to be completed ASAP as Houston had sat on that contract for more than a month. The Wake Forest deal was done in 24-48 hours. One strike against Houston.

I also read that Houston had backed out of a signed contract back in '98. So they have a history of shaky game deals. Two strikes against Houston.

I heard on the radio that two of the stipulations were a date in Reliant Stadium and a game on ESPN. NU couldn't have one without the other. NU wasn't going go on the road and not have it televised. One or the other or both couldn't be guaranteed after they sat on the deal for a damn month. Three strikes against Houston.

After all this crap, and the 11th hour fast approaching on closing out the schedule for 2005 NU had to look elsewhere.

I have seen it way to may times. Someone get's caught with their pants down and the FIRST thing they do time and time again is lash out and blame everyone else when they really have no one to blame but themselves for not getting the job done.

As far as ESPN saying they had a deal with Houston. Great. That's fine. However, but that contract didn't involve NU in anyway. That is between Conference USA, ESPN and Houston. If that's indeed true, it doesn't matter IMO because there was no deal for the actual GAME.

Not just say screw it and do it secretively.

The Athletic Department has had a LONG STANDING policy of not making a comment on things like game schedules until the ink is dry on paper. This goes back to the Bill Byrne days easy.

OK. I'm done talking about this. Officially ;)

Lol, I lose alot of respect for you if your believing that crap that pederson is feeding you.

Hey, I could give a **** what you think of me.

It boils down to this, consistently. You believe anything anyone else says as long as it fits your agenda. I look at the ALL the reports, couple it with my own experience and make a decision.

If pederson was wondering what was going on or wanted to move things along, why wouldn't he call the AD and talk about it or Call espn and ask them whats going on?

This is how I look at it.

I heard on the radio that Steve said he DID contact Houston to see if they had a lock with the game for ESPN and had a contract signed with them and Conference USA. Houston said "We are gonna get that done". Well, if it were me, that's not good enough either. The schedule NEEDED to be completed ASAP as Houston had sat on that contract for more than a month. The Wake Forest deal was done in 24-48 hours. One strike against Houston.

I also read that Houston had backed out of a signed contract back in '98. So they have a history of shaky game deals. Two strikes against Houston.

I heard on the radio that two of the stipulations were a date in Reliant Stadium and a game on ESPN. NU couldn't have one without the other. NU wasn't going go on the road and not have it televised. One or the other or both couldn't be guaranteed after they sat on the deal for a damn month. Three strikes against Houston.

After all this crap, and the 11th hour fast approaching on closing out the schedule for 2005 NU had to look elsewhere.

I have seen it way to may times. Someone get's caught with their pants down and the FIRST thing they do time and time again is lash out and blame everyone else when they really have no one to blame but themselves for not getting the job done.

As far as ESPN saying they had a deal with Houston. Great. That's fine. However, but that contract didn't involve NU in anyway. That is between Conference USA, ESPN and Houston. If that's indeed true, it doesn't matter IMO because there was no deal for the actual GAME.

Not just say screw it and do it secretively.

The Athletic Department has had a LONG STANDING policy of not making a comment on things like game schedules until the ink is dry on paper. This goes back to the Bill Byrne days easy.

OK. I'm done talking about this. Officially ;)

It boils down to this, consistently.

Agreed, pud is consistently making NU a laugingstock, bringing humiliation upon the program. He is consistenly getting himself caught up in these little hub-bubs, causing him to have his integrity and honesty disputed outright.

You believe anything anyone else says as long as it fits your agenda.

As do you.

I look at the ALL the reports, couple it with my own experience and make a decision.

Your experience at what, being a board moderator???????????

The rest I agree with, Maggard and Houston are dirty, but pud is far from lily white.

Why do you have such a hard time rationalizing that pud is a weasel? You fall at his feet even though they are full of sh!t.

You bet, pud is not a liar, Bill did not have sex with that woman, and OJ did not kill Ron and Nicole.

Your experience at what, being a board moderator???????????

No my experience in this thing called REAL LIFE.

Sorry, but that's really the only part of your reply worth replying to.

Really, my experience in real life tells me that when numerous (perhaps dozens) of reputable, highly though-of people call someone a lying rat, it usually means that person is a lying rat, no matter how much the rat tries to deny said allegations.

Again, where theres smoke theres fire.

The rest of the post isnt worth replying to because the truth cannot be refuted.

Thanks! :cheers

The rest of the post isnt worth replying to because the truth cannot be refuted.

No, it's not worth it when I take the time to point out facts and all everyone else does is come back to the same BS argument that holds NO water.

Where's Utah_Husker? He doesn't agree with me but at least makes good points.

Oh and by the way, I wasn't quoting you in my original post.