Any rumors on the Voice of Husker football next season?

Greg Sharpe, who handled the season after Rose resigned starting with the KU game, has deflected all questions during his nightly call in show on WIBW 580 here in Topeka.

Just wondering if any rumors are surfacing.

No one is talking about it around here.

I haven't heard anything either, but I think Greg Sharpe did a great job filling in especially on such short notice.

Greg Sharpe, who handled the season after Rose resigned starting with the KU game, has deflected all questions during his nightly call in show on WIBW 580 here in Topeka.

the dudes on 1620 said Pinnacle made a statement that it would be announced in January, however they knew from their media circles that it was going to be Gregg Sharpe

the dudes on 1620 said Pinnacle made a statement that it would be announced in January, however they knew from their media circles that it was going to be Gregg Sharpe

Greg is a K Stater through and through but very objective. The Cat fans initially did not like it when their AD Tim Weiser sold out the rights to broadcasting K State sports from the flame thrower WIBW here in Topeka to another Kansas network. But, I haven't heard much chatter recently about Wyatt Thompson, his replacement on the new network.

And yes, I agree, he did a great job IMHO as a last minute replacement. He had the color commentators in stiches on several occasions. They were laughing out loud with him on comments he made during the live broadcast. He isn't a bad choice.

And a bonus...his wife is a very pretty and confident news commentator. Amy Lietz has done local news here for years.

In fact, I heard a local caller during Greg's sportscast ask Greg if he decides to go to Lincoln, if there was a chance he'd just commute. He said no because of the commitments he'd have to make to speak to groups, coaches shows, etc. Then the caller asked if he went to Nebraska could Amy stay behind. He chuckled and responded...no it will be a package deal.

I've heard from someone in the radio industry that there's changes besides Rosey.......

Hmmm...I hope Fiala is left in place, I really like his commentary, he's a former Husker and an all-around great guy.

:yeah

I like Fiala too and hope he stays.

Honestly, I'm not even sure who he was referring to...... he said he'd let me know more after it's been made "official".

• And you are?

So many people attended Amy Lietz's wedding that "we even had people there we didn't know," said Lietz, 6 and 10 p.m. news anchor for KSNT. "We had no idea who these people were."

When she married Greg Sharpe on Sept. 16, 1995, the couple were on competing television news broadcasts. Now the Voice of the Wildcats, contributing play by play commentary for Kansas State University football and men's basketball for WIBW Radio, at the time Sharpe was sports director for WIBW.

Lietz estimated 550 to 600 people attended the wedding. The newlyweds greeted guests as they were ushered out instead of in a traditional reception line. "There were a couple of people where my husband and I kind of looked at each other," Lietz said. "We're sure appreciative they were there; it was just a difficult situation. 'How do we smooth this over?' It was kind of an awkward situation."

"It is a little embarrassing," Sharpe concurred. "When you have that kind of mass of people, you're probably going to have some you don't know."

http://www.juneauempire.com/weddings/story...orstories.shtml

• And you are?

So many people attended Amy Lietz's wedding that "we even had people there we didn't know," said Lietz, 6 and 10 p.m. news anchor for KSNT. "We had no idea who these people were."

When she married Greg Sharpe on Sept. 16, 1995, the couple were on competing television news broadcasts. Now the Voice of the Wildcats, contributing play by play commentary for Kansas State University football and men's basketball for WIBW Radio, at the time Sharpe was sports director for WIBW.

Lietz estimated 550 to 600 people attended the wedding. The newlyweds greeted guests as they were ushered out instead of in a traditional reception line. "There were a couple of people where my husband and I kind of looked at each other," Lietz said. "We're sure appreciative they were there; it was just a difficult situation. 'How do we smooth this over?' It was kind of an awkward situation."

"It is a little embarrassing," Sharpe concurred. "When you have that kind of mass of people, you're probably going to have some you don't know."

Thanks for the link...it was fun reading about other Topeka people I've met. And, their wedding experiences.

http://www.juneauempire.com/weddings/story...orstories.shtml