Well, we're up to 17 recruits now...

moe

I think when it's all said and done, we will be fine. It may not be the high profile class we once had, but who cares if these are talented players who have an upside and are hard-nosed. It's a gimmie that Pelini wants players who want to hit and give it their best. While it was fun reading about it, you don't need so-called top 10 classes to have top 10 teams. God Bless the Magino.

It seems like we are on a roller-coaster when it comes to recruiting this

year! Some decommits I can understand with the coaching change, some were probably

persuaded by other decommits that went another direction, and there are probably a number

of other reasons for them changing their minds. The bottom line is that they found reason(s)

for backing out of their commitment and felt that NU was not of their choice. We don't need

any commits that are not totally sold on being a part of the NU program. We don't want those

that cannot make up their own minds and let other athletes talk them into following them to

another program. The new coaching staff appears to have a handle on what they are looking for as far as the athletes they want at NU. There is still a lot of quality players out there that they are after and they still have time to sell NU. I think after the recruitning season is over, we'll have put together a respectable list of recruits.

great! this kid is a great get for us. good work by Watson!

Right, although it was fun while it lasted (until they were outed) listening to the bc BS and Koolaid Sipping Command Posts

BS (rss), we're getting back to an even keel and I'm not buying into that recruiting hype anymore. It's only an advantage if

you're a Te$as or U$C and you've got every position covered 3 or 4 deep with 4 and 5 stars. This still doesn't quarantee

success as they had 5 losses between them including a loss to lowly Stanford. U$C should be ranked by results not by

their strength on paper--which would clearly rank them outside of the top five this past year. They only beat FOUR

bowl teams :lol: and were made to look good by getting Illinois in the Rose Bowl. Contrast that schedule to LSUs (or NUs--

every team played except Iowa St and K St were bowl teams). Teams like U$C can easily become a bunch of hotdogs

and me-first showboats that don't come together as a team and subsequently lose to the Stanfords and Oregons and barely beat the Washingtons and AZs. U$C was once again overhyped by ESPN and the sportswriters, some even predicting the

'07 team to challege for the greatest team ever....what a joke. :corndance:corndance:corndance