Can NE beat MU and/or KU next year?

TrumanBD

Are you saying that a Bo Pelini team gives up 60+ to CU?

Are you saying that a Bo Pelini team lets Charles roll up 200+ yards in the 4th Quater?

I not taking a shot at you but I don't think pointing out the obvious is wishfull thinking.........Solich would have run the option offense agin So. Miss and won that game too.....I'm sure thats a wacky statement

Bottom line is that NU was way too talented to take a crap in there hat every game......that team was at worst an 8 win team with a rough schedule....and if you want me to really get wacky....I would have bet that had TO taken this team over in the spring of 07......they would have won 9 games.....it's coaching and talent.....

I'm saying woulda shoulda coulda is meaningless.

Would the 2007 (5-7) huskers have done as badly with BO??

who knows.

Maybe better. Maybe worse. Sure ain't obvious to me.

Saying one or the other don't make it so.

BO or TO going back in time and coaching last year's team...

That is pure fantasy.

It's a totally worthless argument because it can't be proven either way.

What we do know...

Bo is a brand spankin' new hc, surrounding by mostly new coaches, coaching the remnants of a 5-7 team that was ranked 112th in defense and 9th in offense (and some brand spankin' new recruits) against #4 MU and #7 KU. Both returning lots of starters.

Hell... BO may do well in 2008.

-- fasten those seatbelts folks-- 2008 ain't going to be easy!!

But opinions vary.

GO BO!!

MU is scary, we open conference play with them and they took a huge step forward last year.

MU embarrassed nebraska with cosgrove's help. daniel was talkin' smack about how narrow-mined the nebraska d was and how the blackshirts wouldn't adjust. the sad thing is, he was right.

as sure as they serve extra breadsticks at fazoli's, that will *NOT* be the case this year. bo, carl and marvin are going use last year's whuppin' as this year's rallying cry.

MU is scary, we open conference play with them and they took a huge step forward last year.

MU embarrassed nebraska with cosgrove's help. daniel was talkin' smack about how narrow-mined the nebraska d was and how the blackshirts wouldn't adjust. the sad thing is, he was right.

as sure as they serve extra breadsticks at fazoli's, that will *NOT* be the case this year. bo, carl and marvin are going use last year's whuppin' as this year's rallying cry.

I'd have to agree with this point. Plus, with the game being in Lincoln, there will be 85,000 in the stands with an axe to grind. beating NU in Lincoln still isn't easy....most of the time. That being said, I'm holding back on calling it a win just yet. I do think it'll be a close, low scoring game either way.

We will easilly beat KU this year after they have to replace thier entire team due to Mangino farting next to a pilot light and blowing the east end of the athletic complex out..........that or he just plain explodes on his own.

MU will be a challenge, but luckily they plan to retain Pinkle and that alone gives any team a chance against them.