Best/Worst...

T_O_Bull

Best:

1) The "Fumble-rooski" and laughing at my old man afterwards (he hated Nebraska with a passion)

Worst:

1) The "Fumble-rooski" and finding out my old man could still knock me down even though I was bigger than he was.

:rollin:box:box:box

That's funny right there.

Worst-- definitely Brook Berringer's death.

Terrible tragedy.

Best-- Jerry Tagge's squad beating OU in the game of the century.

Best:

1) The "Fumble-rooski" and laughing at my old man afterwards (he hated Nebraska with a passion)

Worst:

1) The "Fumble-rooski" and finding out my old man could still knock me down even though I was bigger than he was.

:)

There comes a time in every man's life that, in his own heart, he realizes that no matter how big he gets he will never be bigger than his father.

>>>T_O_B

:)

Not sure if "dropped" is the term I'd use to describe the '84 2-point conversion miss. The d-back knocked it away before it ever reached Smith's hands. Just wanted to clean that up.

Best

--------

1. '95 Orange Bowl

2. '96 Fiesta Bowl

(too many to choose from)

3. I think it was '83(?) when NU beat OU in Norman where Neil Harris (I think) tipped away a pass at the end to seal it.

3. I think it was '78(?) when Siimms fumbled at the end to seal it in Lincoln. I remember the awe I felt watching the fans rush the field. This is my earliest memory of Husker football.

Worst

---------

1. The way many outside of NE find Osborne's image tarnished due to a perceived mishandling of Lawrence Phillips.

2. Hiring Callahan instead of Pelini or Gill. (Obviously this is an after-the-fact worst moment.)

3. The Disaster in the Desert (This wouldve been the '84 Orange Bowl, but the '94 and '95 seasons cured it.)

LP was a scum bag he should of been kicked of the team. Osborne was a great x's & o's coach but not the best at taking care of off the field matters , but you can remember him any way you want.

Not sure if "dropped" is the term I'd use to describe the '84 2-point conversion miss. The d-back knocked it away before it ever reached Smith's hands. Just wanted to clean that up.

Best

--------

1. '95 Orange Bowl

2. '96 Fiesta Bowl

(too many to choose from)

3. I think it was '83(?) when NU beat OU in Norman where Neil Harris (I think) tipped away a pass at the end to seal it.

3. I think it was '78(?) when Siimms fumbled at the end to seal it in Lincoln. I remember the awe I felt watching the fans rush the field. This is my earliest memory of Husker football.

Worst

---------

1. The way many outside of NE find Osborne's image tarnished due to a perceived mishandling of Lawrence Phillips.

2. Hiring Callahan instead of Pelini or Gill. (Obviously this is an after-the-fact worst moment.)

3. The Disaster in the Desert (This wouldve been the '84 Orange Bowl, but the '94 and '95 seasons cured it.)

LP was a scum bag he should of been kicked of the team. Osborne was a great x's & o's coach but not the best at taking care of off the field matters , but you can remember him any way you want.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

You are off topic. LP was a troubled young man and obviously hasn't been able to straighten himself out. Ozzie tried to help him out and it didn't stick. As far as taking care of off field matters - no NCAA violations, lots of players who graduated and went on to successful lives, a record number of Academic All Americans. I'd say he took pretty good care of everything.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

3 best

1. Watching any Husker game with my dad. RIP, dad...

2. 1971 The Game of the Century

3. Any win over Oklahoma.

Worst-

1. the 1998 Holiday Bowl. First game after dad passed away. First time ever we didn't attend or watch together.. and a loss to boot. :-(

2. The day Bill Callahan was hired to be head coach.

3. Bill Callahan's fourth year as HC.

the first game I ever watched was the 95' title game (i was in the 2nd grade)

Best:

1. the run/95' title game

2. 97' national title

3. miracle catch

Worst:

1. 2001 loss to sCUm

2. having to split the 97' title (its better than nothing)

3. the way Pederson fired Solich

So many ways to answer this topic and it is hard to narrow it down, but I'll just give one.............

Best memory

I witnessed the "Miracle in Missouri" in person so that is my best Husker memory

Worst Memory

Loss to Texas in 1996 Big 12 Championship. I was only 8 and shed many tears following that game.