DE Jay Moore

LB Steve Octavien

LB Stewart Bradley

LB Dontrell Moore or Bo Ruud

CB Cortney Grixby

CB Donald Defrand

S Josh Bullocks

S Dan Bullocks

Do you think Dailey still has a chance at the QB position? He settled down quite a bit later in the season and kept the picks down (except for the CU game).

In the offense they're running, even a lesser skilled QB with more familiarity is better than a better skilled one that's brand new, I think.

Whatcha think?

IRISH!

Do you think Dailey still has a chance at the QB position? He settled down quite a bit later in the season and kept the picks down (except for the CU game).

In the offense they're running, even a lesser skilled QB with more familiarity is better than a better skilled one that's brand new, I think.

Whatcha think?

IRISH!

I agree here. I think Daily will be the "pre-season" (Spring practice) #1 QB with Taylor listed co-#2 with Adams....... Look for a Daily vs Taylor in Red-White game.

BC will feel compelled to list Daily at #1 going into Spring, and probably at least co-#1 heading into fall practice..... He may not be talented, but having a clue in the system will mean more than most people think.

I agree with the probable depth chart Kramer has, but don't be surprised if Wali Muhammed (?) is list at least co-#1 at either DE spot

Bowman will start ahead of either Grixby or Defrand. He is the most highly touted (5 stars) DB that we have landed in some time..... IF he is nearly as good as the experts....(including Bobby Boowden) says he is, he will be an immediate impact player. : :clap

Whatcha think?

IRISH!

That's a tough question. Would you rather have a guy that knows the offense well but makes few but costly mistakes because of his limited ability, or a guy that doesn't know the offense quite as well, has to take a sack every know and then or throw it away because of the lack of knowledge but doesn't have as much trouble hitting the open receiver because he's more accurate?

Joe did settle down towards the end but still missed quite a few open receivers. Does this offense need an accurate passer to work or the guy with the most knowledge of the playbook? The thing I like about Taylor is that he believes his strength is that he prides himself on not making mistakes. I hope that's true if he's the man behind center to open the year.

Whatcha think?

IRISH!

That's a tough question. Would you rather have a guy that knows the offense well but makes few but costly mistakes because of his limited ability, or a guy that doesn't know the offense quite as well, has to take a sack every know and then or throw it away because of the lack of knowledge but doesn't have as much trouble hitting the open receiver because he's more accurate?

Joe did settle down towards the end but still missed quite a few open receivers. Does this offense need an accurate passer to work or the guy with the most knowledge of the playbook? The thing I like about Taylor is that he believes his strength is that he prides himself on not making mistakes. I hope that's true if he's the man behind center to open the year.

Feel free to assume that anybody recruited by Solich will lose out to a callahan recruit unless Solich's guy is head and shoulders above the rest of his competition.

See Jackson (rb), punt returners, and any of the wide receivers from last year.

Feel free to assume that anybody recruited by Solich will lose out to a callahan recruit unless Solich's guy is head and shoulders above the rest of his competition.

Problem is, many of Solich's recruits weren't even head and shoulders above the kids playing at places like Baylor.

Problem is, many of Solich's recruits weren't even head and shoulders above the kids playing at places like Baylor.

I guess to quote Solich, anyone saying that there was no talent on this years team is saying it for purely for their own slef interests. If there was that little talent on that team, then Solich must have put together the best staff in the history of college football to get them to 10-3 in 2003.

So pick your poison, either Solich had decent talent and cally and co suck that bad, or Solich had no talent, but last years staff was really that great?

Either way, NU is now on the short end of the stick.

I don't think Joe has the talent, his decision-making may have gotten a little better, but the accuracy certainly did not. I was at the Iowa State game and I still have nightmares of him missing receivers receivers 30 yards down the field without anyone within 15 yards of them. I'm sorry, but if we want to be good we have to have a QB that can complete those 20 yard passes. We need some consistency everygame, not every 4 games like Western Illinois and Baylor

and 3 things that i like about JD

leadership. Even when they got killed i didn't see him give up. if thats not a leader i don't know what is

loyalty. Not once did he blame anyone but himself. Didn't trash anyone on or off the field

respect. Something that seems to be vanishing from college football is respect for the program...i believe JD still has it