Florida/Urban Meyer investigation

So I think there was this recruit who was struggling with whether to go to Florida or not (could've been the recent 5-star DE they picked up). Meyer found out the recruit had a gf at another school who had quit gymnastics team due to injury. He started calling her every day to try to get her to Florida as well.

That's shady business, if you ask me.

Well... I don't know about wrong. For me it would be more like sadness. If UF gets sanctioned over this it's the other Student-Athletes that go without scholarships and so on. Meyer's already made gazillions of dollars.

Of course I've now seen news stories that claim the school has cleared him of wrongdoing...we'll see how it plays out.

I assumed the students would be offered scholarships from other universities, in the event that happened. I have a deep loathing for Florida in general, specifically the "U" and the Gators.

Well... I don't know about wrong. For me it would be more like sadness. If UF gets sanctioned over this it's the other Student-Athletes that go without scholarships and so on. Meyer's already made gazillions of dollars.

Of course I've now seen news stories that claim the school has cleared him of wrongdoing...we'll see how it plays out.

I assumed the students would be offered scholarships from other universities, in the event that happened. I have a deep loathing for Florida in general, specifically the "U" and the Gators.

yeah but this late in the recruiting season maybe they wind up waiting for next year.... beats me, I don't know what I'm talking about...

I can understand the hatred for the U but have never understood the hatred of Nebraska fans towards the Gators. Other then losing to Nebraska by a large amount what have the Gators done to Nebraska fans to continue to bring up their hatred for them? Steve Spurrior because the way he looks in his visor? ( My brother ate with him and his wife said they got along great.)

I can understand the hatred for the U but have never understood the hatred of Nebraska fans towards the Gators. Other then losing to Nebraska by a large amount what have the Gators done to Nebraska fans to continue to bring up their hatred for them? Steve Spurrior because the way he looks in his visor? ( My brother ate with him and his wife said they got along great.)

Probably spill over from hatred for Miami and Florida State so they get lumped in to form the Hatred Trifecta.

The media never gave Nebraska any credit leading up the 96 Fiesta Bowl. They didn't think Nebraska stood a chance against the Gators' 'Fun-N-Gun' offense. Florida was running their mouth, oh so confident. The look on Spurrier's face when he suffered the most humiliating defeat in a college football championship; I will never forget.