Darrell Scott RB

moe

Hawkins is doing a great job recuirting espically in California, I expect CU to keep improving

I agree, and I also can't argue with the fact that their campus is really in the perfect setting. Hopefully the Blackshirts will return so they can limit Mr. Scott's yards per game. :thumbs

Hey, normally I don't condone trolling other teams sites but I'm 100% against being an anonymous jerk, so a little full disclosure: I'm a Buff. Still, I really appreciate the apparent sincerity of the last two posts. Thanks.

Also, I came here to ask a question and to offer a little unsolicited perspective. The latter first: Congrats on a really, really strong class first time out of the chute with Bo. Speaking from experience, it ain't easy comin' in in January and pulling off a solid recruiting class. Props where they are due. Bodes well for the future of a proud program.

Now, my question: how many scholarships do y'all have to give this go-round? 27 seems like a bunch. Will some be grayshirted? Do you expect some not to qualify?

I am sure that someone else knows for sure but I had heard that we could take between 27 - 31. I believ that is because of transfers and other that left early. I don't think they are looking at anyone to greyshirt... but again, someone else might know a lot more!

Hawkins is doing a great job recuirting espically in California, I expect CU to keep improving

I agree, and I also can't argue with the fact that their campus is really in the perfect setting. Hopefully the Blackshirts will return so they can limit Mr. Scott's yards per game. :thumbs

Hey, normally I don't condone trolling other teams sites but I'm 100% against being an anonymous jerk, so a little full disclosure: I'm a Buff. Still, I really appreciate the apparent sincerity of the last two posts. Thanks.

Also, I came here to ask a question and to offer a little unsolicited perspective. The latter first: Congrats on a really, really strong class first time out of the chute with Bo. Speaking from experience, it ain't easy comin' in in January and pulling off a solid recruiting class. Props where they are due. Bodes well for the future of a proud program.

Now, my question: how many scholarships do y'all have to give this go-round? 27 seems like a bunch. Will some be grayshirted? Do you expect some not to qualify?

I am sure that someone else knows for sure but I had heard that we could take between 27 - 31. I believ that is because of transfers and other that left early. I don't think they are looking at anyone to greyshirt... but again, someone else might know a lot more!

I want to say there is one guy that is in last years class totals and someone else is going to greyshirt...............BigWillie you know or Blackshirtsguru???

Damn, those CU fans should be happy they have mountains. Texas lost out to Colorado?

He seems like a good kid, though.

Well he's related to another player at CU not sure who but the kid is his Uncle. Sounds like the kid wanted to go to Texas but his family kind of pressured him into going to Colorado.

Damn, those CU fans should be happy they have mountains. Texas lost out to Colorado?

Well he's related to another player at CU not sure who but the kid is his Uncle. Sounds like the kid wanted to go to Texas but his family kind of pressured him into going to Colorado.

His uncle is Josh Smith, WR. He was on somebody's freshman all-american team this year, so things are looking great for us.

As for his family pressuring him to go to CU, if DS really wanted to go to Texas he would have gone. From what I've seen from DS and Josh Smith, they seem really close(Josh Smith lived with Darrell his senior year in hs), so I'm sure family had a lot to do with it, but Darrel said the deciding factor was Dan Hawkins and his vision for the CU program. I'm just glad he's one of us now. He's going to make all of us proud!

His uncle is Josh Smith, WR. He was on somebody's freshman all-american team this year, so things are looking great for us.

As for his family pressuring him to go to CU, if DS really wanted to go to Texas he would have gone. From what I've seen from DS and Josh Smith, they seem really close(Josh Smith lived with Darrell his senior year in hs), so I'm sure family had a lot to do with it, but Darrel said the deciding factor was Dan Hawkins and his vision for the CU program. I'm just glad he's one of us now. He's going to make all of us proud!

There is nothing wrong with using family ties to get a recruit was just pointing out if his Uncle was not at Colorado the chances of his going to Colorado diminish tenfold.

As a Husker fan I'm hoping the running back from Texas winds up here because of his brother coming here this year, so it would make me look like a hypocrite to complain about CU luck.

I am thinking that the north will be a much more difficult place to play with the way ku mu and cu are staerting to play real good football and I am sure we are going to suprise some teams this year if they think we are that far out.

Bo has some talent to work with and in the next two years we should see a totaly different Husker team.

Congrats to all the north schools for what on paper looks like a strong class of recruits to almost every school.

Husker fans do not want to admit this, but not only is CU improving, so too is KU and MU --- and all of them already have a jump start on NU. NU might improve, in fact improve substantially next year --- and still be behind these three programs at seasons end.

Those thinking 9-10 win season for the Skers next year are seriously underestimating the improvements at CU, MU, and KU and also inflate our chances against OU and the other South teams as well.

Honestly, the Huskers may really improve and still be 6 - 8th in the conference. The Big 12 is a tough place in which to move up the pecking order. It can be done --- but it is not easy.

There is nothing wrong with using family ties to get a recruit was just pointing out if his Uncle was not at Colorado the chances of his going to Colorado diminish tenfold.

As a Husker fan I'm hoping the running back from Texas winds up here because of his brother coming here this year, so it would make me look like a hypocrite to complain about CU luck.

Sorry if I seemed defensive, purely unintentional. Texas fans are throwing a hissy fit on hornfans because somebody actually would rather come to Boulder than Texas. The day before signing day Darrell Scott was the second coming of Ricky Williams, and now he's a mama's boy who was paid off. Those people are truly crazy.

If you guys want to get a running back away from UT, just show them the boards on hornfans. They are trashing Darrell Scott, his mom(cause trashing a players mom is a good idea), CU, Boulder, the NY Times, and probably Osama Bin Laden by now. We play them this year in boulder and I'm looking forward to it.

And by the way, congrats on salvaging the recruiting class. Hopefully the CU-NU game will decide the conference again soon!