06 and newer F150 Seat Belt chimer.

I finally found the actual process to deacitvate the seat belt beeper on my 06 F150 and I couldn't be happier. I've heard since I got it two years ago that it was a series of unbuckling and buckling but it never worked because I didn't know the exact procedure. You really don't need a seat belt if you are moving 5 mph on the farm or whatever also sucks for hunting, it's annoying, if you are getting in and out of your vehicle all the time and not driving on the highway or in town.

So I'm sure there are many of you who would like to know how to turn that darn beeper off, I know for a fact that it works on a 06 F150, I've heard that it works on all Fords with the new seat belt minder system that has the weight dedection,etc so say you have a F350 or an escape and you try this and it works lemme know please. WARNING is though that the air bags will operate like older vehicles, so IF YOU DO THIS TO THE PASSENGER SEAT keep that in mind if you have children that ride there, as there is no way to turn the passenger air bag off, unless you reactivate the seat belt minder for that seat also you lose the feature that the passenger air bag will not deploy if in an accident with no passenger, that feature was to keep cost down in the event of an accident, yes you can deactivate just one seat or the other so that is also really really nice. Here is the process;

1. Preparation

Apply the parking brake before deactivating/activating the belt minder.

Place the gear selector lever in PARK or NEUTRAL (manual trans).

Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.

Close all the vehicle doors.

Unbuckle the driver safety belt.

Place the parking lamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position.

2. Deactivating/Activating

Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)

Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off (approximately 1 to 2 minutes).

3. NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt warning indicator turns off.

For seating position being disabled, at a moderate speed, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending with the safety belt in the unbuckled state. After this step, the air bar warning indicator illuminates for 3 seconds.

Within 10 seconds after the air bar warning indicator turns off, at a moderate speed, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.

This disables the safety belt minder feature for that seating position, if it is currently enabled. As confirmation, the air bar warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds.

or

This enables the safety belt minder feature for that seating position, if it is currently disabled. As confirmation, the air bag warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds followed by another flash sequence of 4 times per second for 3 seconds.

After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

How the hell did you figure all that out?

Well; 1. I was drunk in a bar, 2. I was shooting the breeze with a Ford mechanic, complaining about the subject, 3. I gave him my business card, 4. I woke up this morning and found I had a very welcome e-mail!!!!.

So yeah, A Ford mechanic told me...