Husker football in the future

JHaWk

I am really waiting until the first game, which I consider to be VaTech.

After that game we will know what we have, not until as far as I am concerned. Nothing against Bo by anymeans, but I still question the character of this team. Quitters never impress me and we had a whole bunch of them last year.

I am not looking for victories, I am looking for kids that leave it all on the field every single play. We have that I really could care less about the wins and losses next year. I think if anyone can, Pelini has proven in the past he can get that out of kids. If he does, I will be more than happy with the effort.

Players actually knowing how to play will be a big step, rather than standing around and watching the play develop and doing nothing to make a block or a tackle. Being so out of shape, they were done at half time. I want to see mean nasty linemen, not fat slobs looking for the game to end so they can eat. I want to see players so upset after a loss they do not want to talk to anyone, not run off to the nearest watering hole to party.

He stops this crap and he is a success to me. He has as much time as he needs to build the character of this team. I have my worries that he will get r done this year. Once you start quitting when it gets tough, it gets easier the next time. If he can kill that attitude in the weight room and on the spring field he will be doing far more than I expect from him. But as stated if anyone can I think Coach Pelini can. It is his way of life, he will not put up with quitters for a second. I still expect a mass exodess after the spring game. He just is not going to have time for that attitude and he will make it abundently clear instantly is my guess.

I think we have adequate talent if it buys in. Talent and no heart is not a winning recipe. I am afraid we are cursed with that this year. But it will change quickly if he is given the time to do it. No high expectations from me this year. Make a bowl and I will be happy.