Guess Who i Saw

It seems we have had a lot of players get much better after leaving the program lately. Where was this effort while at Nebraska. Money motivation is only for awhile. Once they pocket the money, the dedication stops.

I still question this team and the more I hear the more I question the kids that were recruited. Heart and dedication are a must for a program like Nebraska. We can not get the best athletes like SC and others, but what we have to have is heart and desire. It seems BC recruited above average talent, but less than stellar character. Not all by anymeans, but some of them surely quit this year. This was team that played Texas and Oklahoma and Auburn tough, the coaches may not have been the best, but the drive of this team was not great either.

Working your butt off after leaving the program does not impress me. I could care less if any of them ever play another down of football after college. I want the type of kid that gives 110% effort on and off the field to be a Nebraska player. Pros or pro performance mean nothing to me if they did not give it their all while here. There are most likely not more than ten pros that I consider that type of athlete. Them I support and hope they get everything they want. The slackers are gone, and good ridance.

I do not know if MO fits that category or not. But his head was not committed to Nebraska or the team. His efforts after leaving certainly lower my thoughts on him.

This is not a stepping stone. Until we get the athletes that feel this is their lifetime dream we may have the heart problem we saw last year.