2005 Class

While Rivals has NU class slipping to 3rd (probably lower in the next few days), their average quality of players is the lowest out of the top 13 teams, and lower than all but 6 of the top 25. Not quite what cally and co are trying to sell us. If we had better coaches, we could probably get by with such recruiting, but it likely wont give the results that true NU fans are accustomed to and desire. Dont expect much improvement, even when cally gets his players and his system in place (if he ever will).

More smoke and mirrors by pud, cally, and co.

If we had better coaches, we could probably get by with such recruiting, but it likely wont give the results that true NU fans are accustomed to and desire.

I love when people throw out the "true fan" card. What is a true fan anyway? Is it someone who complains about everything that they don't have any control over? Or is it one who sticks with the program through thick and thin? Please let me know because I would like to know.

me too I am looking at the positive aspects of the recruiting class. Such as filling in where our depth is thin and getting some quality players. Until LOI day it is a moot point to say how Coach Callahan and the other coaches have done. I consider myself a "true fan" and have stuck with the skers since 1964 (old enough to know) and heard all the crap from a minor segment of the fan base that didn't like BD or TO. So this appears to be a continuation of the same.

GBR

:horns2

If we had better coaches, we could probably get by with such recruiting, but it likely wont give the results that true NU fans are accustomed to and desire.

I love when people throw out the "true fan" card. What is a true fan anyway? Is it someone who complains about everything that they don't have any control over? Or is it one who sticks with the program through thick and thin? Please let me know because I would like to know.

Great question, one that is up for interpretation.

Some people consider themselves true fans because they blindly follow the program and accept anything that is served up by the administration.

Some consider themselves true fans because they are passionate about the program and are angry and hurt that (due to a few self-important people) the program has lost almost all of the pride, respect, integrity, and success that it had built for over 40 years in a 12 month period.

me too I am looking at the positive aspects of the recruiting class. Such as filling in where our depth is thin and getting some quality players. Until LOI day it is a moot point to say how Coach Callahan and the other coaches have done. I consider myself a "true fan" and have stuck with the skers since 1964 (old enough to know) and heard all the crap from a minor segment of the fan base that didn't like BD or TO. So this appears to be a continuation of the same.

GBR

I would agree if this were true. We already had 5 qb's on scholarship, so bill the idiot goes out and gets 2 more, huh? We already have 3 good rb's so this dumb-@$$ goes out and gets what 3/4 more, what? We are desparately short pretty much everywhere else (especially with the losses at db/wr/possible TE) yet we have yet to get enough people there to make up for the losses. They lines are dangerously thing, but we have few quality recruits there.

Unless Adams and Davis can play Nose Tackle, expect more of the same next year.

With such a morally bankrupt lying and cheating adminstration and coaching staff why o why are we getting so many good recruits to commit? Are they just like the staff and admin similar to what the other teams in the 90's were. Nobody is perfect. Every team has problems. This team is no exception but how many bad apples has BC let go to get the team where it should be? I predict many of these recruits are pretty good god fearing people and there may be some gangsters too. As long as BC doesnt recruit more people like Incognito (who recruited him?) I think the integrity and pride will be just fine.

GBR

FormerFan, so are you saying b/c we are deep at running back we should tell Marlon Lucky and Leon Jackson thanks but no thanks. There is a reason USC is still bothering Lucky. If we get athletes like Leon Jackson, they can adjust and play other positions or help out on special teams. Only in Husker fantasy land could we only get the best players at the position we need them

:wtf If you are a formerfan, then go away and stop posting you crap for everyone else to smell. This is a great class, it nicely fills most of the needs we have. There is a strong feeling that another need will be filled in the next couple of days. You don't have to come in here and trash on Nebraska, im sure you could join a K-state board and go all out. You seem like a better fit for the kitties anyhow. Formerfan.....dont go away mad, just gtf away.

:clap:cheers

While Rivals has NU class slipping to 3rd (probably lower in the next few days), their average quality of players is the lowest out of the top 13 teams, and lower than all but 6 of the top 25. Not quite what cally and co are trying to sell us. If we had better coaches, we could probably get by with such recruiting, but it likely wont give the results that true NU fans are accustomed to and desire. Dont expect much improvement, even when cally gets his players and his system in place (if he ever will).

More smoke and mirrors by pud, cally, and co.

:wacko:

Formerfan:

The reason that we have one of the lowest "ave ranking" is because we have the nearly the most recruits..... I think that you may need a math lesson

The more recruits, the lower, yet more accurate the rankings....We have 26 guys whom are ranked.....A lot of these teams still only have 12-18 guys whom the average is figured..

Common sense tells you that unless all these teams fill their slots with nothing but 5 * guys, their "ave rank" will drop as thier committment list grows..... Let's wait and see how the "ave rank" falls on Feb. 2

If it still is one of the worst, I will eat my words :flush , but after the other schools fill their slots with a few 4-5 guys, and a lot of 3 * guys, it will all figure out

With such a morally bankrupt lying and cheating adminstration and coaching staff why o why are we getting so many good recruits to commit? Are they just like the staff and admin similar to what the other teams in the 90's were. Nobody is perfect. Every team has problems. This team is no exception but how many bad apples has BC let go to get the team where it should be? I predict many of these recruits are pretty good god fearing people and there may be some gangsters too. As long as BC doesnt recruit more people like Incognito (who recruited him?) I think the integrity and pride will be just fine.

GBR

Agreed totally. Now, we have to see if these guys can qualify.

1. The reason that we have one of the lowest "ave ranking" is because we have the nearly the most recruits..... I think that you may need a math lesson

2. The more recruits, the lower, yet more accurate the rankings....We have 26 guys whom are ranked.....A lot of these teams still only have 12-18 guys whom the average is figured..

3. Common sense tells you that unless all these teams fill their slots with nothing but 5 * guys, their "ave rank" will drop as thier committment list grows..... Let's wait and see how the "ave rank" falls on Feb. 2

4. If it still is one of the worst, I will eat my words :flush , but after the other schools fill their slots with a few 4-5 guys, and a lot of 3 * guys, it will all figure out

Actually, you are in need of a math lesson, comrade.

1. Yes, NU has more guys, but the reason they have a low average is because they have more 2 STAR recruits than do Tenn, OU, Ohio St, USC, Miami, A&M, UGA, even Iowa. See, if they have more lowly rated recruits, it LOWERS the average, thats how averages work. You ADD them all together, then you divide that number by how many reccruits you have=AVERAGE!!! :wacko:

2. Again, see above. Other teams may have 12-18, but they dont have nearly as many lower rated recruits (see AVERAGE).

3. Not necessarily. If they continue to get alot of 4* and a few 3*, their AVERAGE will be between 3.5-4.0 (again see AVERAGE).

4. Even if NU gets 2-3 4* guys that seem to be interested, the AVERAGE will not improve much.

Hey, a few 2* guys/diamonds in the rough are okay if you have coaches good enough to develop them.

NU doesnt.

:wtf If you are a formerfan, then go away and stop posting you crap for everyone else to smell. This is a great class, it nicely fills most of the needs we have. There is a strong feeling that another need will be filled in the next couple of days. You don't have to come in here and trash on Nebraska, im sure you could join a K-state board and go all out. You seem like a better fit for the kitties anyhow. Formerfan.....dont go away mad, just gtf away.

:clap:cheers

Just keep the blinders on and keep believing the crap that spills out of the offices in Memorial Stadium.

In 4 years when NU is 6-5, you can crawl back to me and beg for forgiveness.

Even if we were 6-5 in four years (and we won't be) I sure as heck wouldn't come crawling back to the likes of you. Your not a formerfan, your a badwagon fan, im sure you were right there for the huskers when everything was bussiness as usual, but now that rough seas have come, you jump ship. This is a good staff, they are putting together one heck of a class, and with the added talent, they will make things happen for the huskers. If you are too pi$$ed about frank and Bo to realize this, then you are the only one with blinders on. Star ratings arent everything, get over yourself.

GBR

1. Even if we were 6-5 in four years (and we won't be)

2. I sure as heck wouldn't come crawling back to the likes of you.

3. Your not a formerfan, your a badwagon fan, im sure you were right there for the huskers when everything was bussiness as usual, but now that rough seas have come, you jump ship.

4. This is a good staff,

5. they are putting together one heck of a class, and with the added talent, they will make things happen for the huskers.

6. If you are too pi$$ed about frank and Bo to realize this, then you are the only one with blinders on.

7. Star ratings arent everything,

8.get over yourself.

GBR

1. Wanna wager on that? :cheers

2. Thats cool. Just knowing that I was right, and that you are livid because of it is enough to make me :) .

3. As usual, wrong again. I was there through the 7 bad bowl losses in a row, through 7-7, through 9-4, through 2003-even though I didnt like the schemes that were used I like the results. Im not as upset with the losing as I am with the total lack of understanding and respect that cally, coz, and co. have for NU, its traditions, its history, and its prestige. The have deficated on its principles and its integrity. I am embarrassed that the Nation of college football is laughing at NU due to the inept actions of pud and cally. They have brought great ridicule to the Univ and the program.

If you or anyone else can accept the loss of prestige and class, and accept the embarrassment that these guys have brought onto the program, then I must question YOUR commitment as a fan. Actually, by accepting the debacle in Lincoln, you are just as guilty as they administration. :steam

4. No, its not, they suck, :rickjames they are all proven losers. We should have known we were in trouble when bill the idiot proclaimed "We wont take what defenses give us, we will take what we want."

And you think he is a good coach?

5. Maybe, if they qualify. As of now, there are 5-6 of the top recruits that may not make the grades/test scores. Then what? :o Anyways, the majority of the players never pan out, so it will be 3-4 years before we know how good they are.

6. See #3.

7. Really, they arent? No way?????????? All I hear from you call aplogists is, "This guys is a 4*, this guys is a 5*!" :wtf If ratings arent everything, then why are there recruiting services that rate these guys? Why dont we just take 20-25 guys from Omaha and Lincoln every year, ratings arent everything? With this staff, sheer talent is so much more important than with previous staffs because hopefully the good talent can make up for p!$$-poor game planning and play calling, and the inability to develop players.

8. Its tough to. When a guy is right as much as I am :thumbs you kind of get quite used to it . Hey maybe someday (if you train and study really, really hard) you can follow in my footsteps, but until then......keep trying my friend. :clap

Farmerfan, can you name one thing you've been 'right' about that hasn't been speculation?

Let's compare recruiting classes:

In 02, we had one 5* and five 4* recruits. (3 from NE, 1 TX, 1 FL, 1 NC)

In 03, we had zero 5* recruits, four 4* recruits. (3 from NE, one from SD)

In 04, we had zero 5* guys, two 4* guys (one being Murtha, whom

Callahan 'stole' from Minnesota, the other a Nebraska boy.)

Currently we have two 5* (more than 3 years combined?) and seven 4* recruits

(one - Potter, from NE.)

12 guys in 3 years with a rivals ranking of 4* or higher, and this year we have 9 so far, and may get Brooks and Suh, which would give us 11. In one year! Thank the Lord that BC is here, because there was no in-state talent this year, and with Solich's recruiting prowess, we may have slipped to D-1AA status after the year.