2005 Class

Farmerfan, can you name one thing you've been 'right' about that hasn't been speculation?

Let's compare recruiting classes:

In 02, we had one 5* and five 4* recruits. (3 from NE, 1 TX, 1 FL, 1 NC)

In 03, we had zero 5* recruits, four 4* recruits. (3 from NE, one from SD)

In 04, we had zero 5* guys, two 4* guys (one being Murtha, whom

Callahan 'stole' from Minnesota, the other a Nebraska boy.)

Currently we have two 5* (more than 3 years combined?) and seven 4* recruits

(one - Potter, from NE.)

12 guys in 3 years with a rivals ranking of 4* or higher, and this year we have 9 so far, and may get Brooks and Suh, which would give us 11. In one year! Thank the Lord that BC is here, because there was no in-state talent this year, and with Solich's recruiting prowess, we may have slipped to D-1AA status after the year.

I understand, but like I have said, you can get all the big time commits you want but many of the top recruits may not qualify. If they do, many never make an impact. Even if they do, this staff has not shown any ability to game plan, put players in position to make plays, to call plays, or to develop talent.

They may get some good players, but I would still look for qb's not making good reads, missing open receivers, throwing INT's, no emotion from the players, etc. If this staff doesnt show the ability to turn this around (and I dont think they will) then what? What if the HS kids get fed up with these guys and quit coming to NU? cally couldnt pull a .500 season with a 10-3, with an easy schedule, in a horrible division of an underacheiving conference. Do you really think he would be able to have any sustained success with less that 4* talent? I would bet on "no"

Even if you brought in the NE Pats, I dont think that this staff could lead them to a National Championship, seriously.

The NE Pats????? :rollin

And you are serious? :rollin

I do believe all their eligibility has been exhausted and they all have agents!!!

:rollin

The bench warmers in the NFL could mop up any NCAA team period. Cream of the crop and all that. :wtf were you thinkin about.

What about the Boston Red Sox should they come and play too? :rollin

Formerfan, sorry i did not realize you were actually an intelectually challenged person, I promise to never make fun of a retard, so i won't make fun of you. So far as being right, you seem to be the only one that thinks you are, but then again...such special people deserve their own little special place. Glad you found yours, even if it is only in your own mind.

GBR

1. Formerfan, sorry i did not realize you were actually an intelectually challenged person, I promise to never make fun of a retard, so i won't make fun of you.

2. So far as being right, you seem to be the only one that thinks you are, but then again...such special people deserve their own little special place. Glad you found yours, even if it is only in your own mind.

GBR

1. "intelectually" challenged? Those in glass houses.............

2. I guess when you are wrong (as you are in this instance) and you cant refute the facts, its best to just call names. Thats cool, it just re-affirms my views and stances. BTW, for many years, Einstein was thought of as a "challenged" person, but after awhile, they found out that he was gifted above and beyond what the average person could comprehend.

Thank you for further justifying me!!!

The NE Pats????? :rollin

And you are serious? :rollin

I do believe all their eligibility has been exhausted and they all have agents!!!

:rollin

The bench warmers in the NFL could mop up any NCAA team period. Cream of the crop and all that. :wtf were you thinkin about.

What about the Boston Red Sox should they come and play too? :rollin

I guess I was thinking that this staff is so horrible, they couldnt even coach the best team in the world to a NC.

Is that too complicated to understand????

FormerFan Get the F*** out of here

FORMER FAN IS THE BIGGEST FAIRWEAHTER FAN

and hes a deushbag

You must be one of the self-proclaimed 'greatest fans in the nation.'

Im sure you we one of the group of "NU fans" with the signs that read "Sal is dead, Go Big Red."

Pure class, Im sure your parents are proud!!

Alright, Im getting real tired of repeating myself. This board was not designed to become a place where everyone agrees with each other all the time, and it never will. Thats what makes it a REAL board, you know, "the heartbeat of Husker Nation". Unlike many other boards, that prefer to live in a land called Honah Lee with magic dragons and fairies, where everything non-positive is censored, and promote a cult-like group-think environment. Thats not reality guys, and that place sucks.

However, this is not to say that we will allow continued bashing of the program, coaches, or players for the express purpose of getting other members fired up. If there is no substance or basis to your criticism, you will be considered in violation of the rules (trolling) and handled accordingly.

But dont forget - it is NOT your right to tell someone what they can or cant post on this board, or to leave. That is up to the discretion of the Mods and myself. If you are on the other side of the fence on a certain issue, and cant refrain from PERSONALLY ATTACKING another member (i.e. directing your focus on the member instead of the topic), then either ignore them, or post in another thread. If you feel the other member is in violation of one of the rules, please inform us using the "Report" button within each thread.

If posts continue to be off-topic, they will begin to be deleted without notice. If this occurs, consider this your warning. If we are forced to delete 3 of your posts during the next year you will be suspended, no questions.

Any questions or concerns PM myself or another Mod.

It's OK to agree to disagree. But stop the personal attacks.

Can't be that former a fan if he's on this site.

It's been tuff to watch alot of the traditions fall to the side. I think that may be wear the bitterness comes from, I know I was just like him for awhile. But the one thing that has not changed is the passion we have for our HUSKERS.

Keep on writing formerfan.

It's OK to agree to disagree. But stop the personal attacks.

Can't be that former a fan if he's on this site.

It's been tuff to watch alot of the traditions fall to the side. I think that may be wear the bitterness comes from, I know I was just like him for awhile. But the one thing that has not changed is the passion we have for our HUSKERS.

Keep on writing formerfan.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

I know that what I say is not always popular with the rest of the people here, but it just needs to be said, and questioning the ability of the coaches is something that everyone should be doing at this point. If not, we have become complacent, and we will allow the program to slide in to mediocrity and beyond (if it hasnt already).