Call out of the students

One little thought on the basketball thing.

The setup for basketball is terrible. I know Duke, not sure about Kansas, surrounds the court with students. The student sections at UNL is a set of bleachers at each end of the court, one of which contains the band. In the giant cave that is Devaney it is very difficult to "see cameras shaking or announcers yelling" with that bad of a setup. Not saying we should copy Duke with the studnet section set up but that should be taken into consideration before jumping down throats. I have seen some rowdy students sections at basketball games, the problem is they just arent surrounded by anyone that cares. Dont call out the students, call out the crowd...thats just lame

The setup for basketball is terrible. I know Duke, not sure about Kansas, surrounds the court with students. The student sections at UNL is a set of bleachers at each end of the court, one of which contains the band. In the giant cave that is Devaney it is very difficult to "see cameras shaking or announcers yelling" with that bad of a setup. Not saying we should copy Duke with the studnet section set up but that should be taken into consideration before jumping down throats. I have seen some rowdy students sections at basketball games, the problem is they just arent surrounded by anyone that cares. Dont call out the students, call out the crowd...thats just lame

actually it is only one side

Yeah, I noticed that when I went to the Kansas game at the Devaney. The small section that was reserved for students was packed and the students were doing a great job at making noise. It's the rest of the crowd that sucks the life out of the place. They don't even stand up and clap. They just sit there.

It's pretty sad.

actually it is only one side

What is only one side?

Wow that was funny, I was about to rip the person who said the student section was only on one side but then I saw it was a misunderstanding by myself. I was refering to the Duke student section on one full side of the floor. NU's are on both ends

Thanks for clearing that up. I did not know that about Duke, I thought it was all the way around. My apologizies. That is some intelligent planning by Duke though to have students opposite the camera side...very smart