CSU. whining...or are the Buffs playing fair?

IrishAZ

I dunno about cutt-throat, but these kids are 18, not babies anymore. If they can't sort through the BS and choose the best school for them with their family and support system then they will have problems in life. I imagine most kids won't give up on a school they orally committed too when another tries to swoop in at the last minute telling tales of greener pastures. So schools could try if they want, but I think it is a waste of their time. It also says a lot about the young man if he renegs on his word. I think that having people respect you for your word is a pretty valuable thing to have and if a kid would flip-flop, he would be showing the schools, family, friends, state, country that his word isn't worth a darn.

I dunno about cutt-throat, but these kids are 18, not babies anymore. If they can't sort through the BS and choose the best school for them with their family and support system then they will have problems in life. I imagine most kids won't give up on a school they orally committed too when another tries to swoop in at the last minute telling tales of greener pastures. So schools could try if they want, but I think it is a waste of their time. It also says a lot about the young man if he renegs on his word. I think that having people respect you for your word is a pretty valuable thing to have and if a kid would flip-flop, he would be showing the schools, family, friends, state, country that his word isn't worth a darn.

Yea, but didn't Chris Brooks reneg on his commitment to Missouri?

Let it go on until the Letter of Intent is signed.

Let's assume, for a moment, that recruiters were "hands off" on any kid that gives a verbal. That kid signs with the school to which he verballed. That's a kid that is more likely to become dissatisfied if playing time isn't sufficient or doesn't come soon enough.

You improve the odds of getting kids who are actually committed if they can withstand the pressure of other teams after they've verballed.

I dunno about cutt-throat, but these kids are 18, not babies anymore.  If they can't sort through the BS and choose the best school for them with their family and support system then they will have problems in life.  I imagine most kids won't give up on a school they orally committed too when another tries to swoop in at the last minute telling tales of greener pastures.  So schools could try if they want, but I think it is a waste of their time.  It also says a lot about the young man if he renegs on his word.  I think that having people respect you for your word is a pretty valuable thing to have and if a kid would flip-flop, he would be showing the schools, family, friends, state, country that his word isn't worth a darn.

How long have the Huskers been recruiting him though? I would say last minute being a school coming into the picture right now.

I dunno about cutt-throat, but these kids are 18, not babies anymore.  If they can't sort through the BS and choose the best school for them with their family and support system then they will have problems in life.  I imagine most kids won't give up on a school they orally committed too when another tries to swoop in at the last minute telling tales of greener pastures.  So schools could try if they want, but I think it is a waste of their time.  It also says a lot about the young man if he renegs on his word.  I think that having people respect you for your word is a pretty valuable thing to have and if a kid would flip-flop, he would be showing the schools, family, friends, state, country that his word isn't worth a darn.

How long have the Huskers been recruiting him though? I would say last minute being a school coming into the picture right now.

True, they have been after him. It wasn't a last minute deal.

What a bunch of cry-babies! Hell, Chow and Carroll went to one of Lucky's games after he had given us his verbal commitment! CSU should be flattered that someone else wants a kid they had commit. Did NU cry when Spurrier was calling Beck? Or when Stoops sent Bowman plane tickets?

CU should have just sent some strippers!