Gridiron Bash

Several college schools around the country are having a concert the night before their spring game and the combined attendance wins. Nebraska is not included. Steve Sipple said it would not be possible at Nebraska because it would be cost prohibitive to get the stage in and out of the stadium in time for the game the next day due to how Memorial Stadium is constructed. It still looks like fun:

link

It wasn't anything about cost, it is just they could use the proper equipment to move the stage in, but they had 300 people carry in a stage a few years ago. I think it would be great but it doesn't sound like NU will get one. I was surprised on how many big names were performing. Maybe they could work something out in the future and have it at haymarket or somewhere else

Several college schools around the country are having a concert the night before their spring game and the combined attendance wins. Nebraska is not included. Steve Sipple said it would not be possible at Nebraska because it would be cost prohibitive to get the stage in and out of the stadium in time for the game the next day due to how Memorial Stadium is constructed. It still looks like fun:

link

Why would it have to be IN the stadium? Theres a huge field right next to the stadium that could have easily accomodated this event.... this is where you see the difference in approach from Pederson to Osborne. Steve would have made this work because it would have generated MONEY and exposure for the university whereas Osborne would rather displace students over visting fans... I am not picking sides, rather pointing out the comparison of approach of our last 2 ADs.