Return of the Unity Council?

Could be what this team needs right now.

LJS

Tuesday night, Pelini told me that he was open to the idea of reviving the Unity Council, the 17-player leadership entity that began at Nebraska in 1991 before disappearing when Bill Callahan took over as head coach in 2004.

Pelini said he wants to see who emerges as team leaders before making a final decision whether to implement such a council. He noted that such a council worked well at Louisiana State. But he’s told me in past interviews he wasn’t always wild about player councils.

I think Coach Pelini is hitting the nail on the head. BC recruited highly talented atheletes, but some what questionable on morals. We are seeing that come to light on a regular basis. I also think it had a lot to do with last years collapse.

It may take Bo longer to get this thing turned around than most think, but I do not feel he is real impressed with what he has to work with.

There are and were more problems than coaching last year. But I have bought into the idea Bo will fix it. I know I am willing to give him the time to do it. A good indicator will be the spring game. I expect a lot of changes by then, and a few departures shortly after or during. He is going to run a motivated ship, a real team. I do not think we have that at this time. Some weeding must be done. It will start soon.