Turner v Tomerlin

While I like Turner, and the fact that he's a high schooler (which gives him more time in the program, potentially), if I had to name one it would be Tomerlin. He's bigger, a little farther along physically, and the speed difference is virutally nill. Also, if we have to concentrate resources on only one for recruiting, remember that it's pretty difficult to pull a Tennessee kid out of Tennessee.

It's tough, who do we have a better chacne at?? TOmerlin who's already committed to Mich. St but has a good friend at NU

Or Turner who is from Tenn. , who we are up against Tenn. for this recruit. But Turner has had NU #1 or co - #1 the entire process.

I take Tomerlin Which by the way I just read will be making a decision sometime today

Do we want four years of Turner, or three years of Tomerlin?

To me, I think the trade-off is negligible.

Tomerlin is probably more physically mature, and has played against better competition. He's a guy who can probably contribute right away, where as Turner might take a year.

I think Tomerlin will be better for 2005, and gets us to be more competitive right away. Further, I don't think that Tomerlin in any way hurts us for the future.

In other words, Tomerlin satisfies all those who want to win now, while at the same time gives us three years of playing time.

TOMERLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!