Do Any Of You Own....

I have a General Electric. I have installed 3 in the last week, all different brands. As long as you stay with a good name brand they will stand behind thier product. I think most of them have at least a 1 year warranty, some have more. You can keep your cost down by buying one with just the things you need. All I need is the popcorn button, I can do without all that other crap on there.

Don't forget that you will need some cabinet work and electrical work done if your kitchen does not already have one.

Been thinking about probably needing to get one soon after my Wife moves out.

This from an online Consumer mag:

For an over-the-range model:

• LG LMV2053[sT] , $300, CR Best Buy

• Kenmore (Sears) Elite 8083[9] , $530

• Kenmore (Sears) Elite 8082[9] , $630

• Samsung SMH7178[sTD] , $330, CR Best Buy

• GE Adora DVM1850DM[bB] , $400

• Frigidaire Elements LEVM30F[E] (Lowe's) , $600

The reasonably priced LG LMV2053[sT] scored better at heating foods evenly and defrosting than models twice its price. Its usable capacity and turntable diameter are those of a midsized unit. The Kenmore (Sears) Elite 8083[9] has the most usable space. The Kenmore (Sears) Elite 8082[9] and the Frigidaire Elements LEVM30F[E] offer convection and speed cooking modes. The Samsung SMH7178[sTD] excelled in defrosting and the GE Adora DVM1850DM [bB] was very easy to use.

I am leaning toward getting a GE...I went to a site and GE got good ratings. I am glad you responded..gives me more condidence getting a GE. A long story...our new refrigerator went whako on us...just had gone grocery shopping last weekend..ended up throwing all the food away in the fridge..freezer food was still good thank goodness...I was really mad..called the company who made the refrigerator...they are going to send me a check for the food we lost...the same place that we had bought the refrigerator from...sold us a big screen tv..paid cash for it..it had scratches all over it..was a on the floor model..same with the couch..paid cash..it was a on the floor model..then this happened. To say the least my temper was really went off big time yesterday and I talked to a manager from the store where we bought this stuff from and they are going to give me a discount on an over the range microwave. I told him that it better be a huge discount or else I will buy it somewhere else!!! Thanks for all the help:) Repair man came yesterday..he fixed the fridge..it was the door latch..he had to order a new one and it will be in next week. I was fortunate to have another microwave for the counter when our over the range microwave broke..but..I want my counterspace back so want to buy an over the range. Thx for the help:)