2009 Quarterback Tate Forcier

It's valuable insight. If one coach says, "You're special, you're the only guy we offered early," when it's not true, some other recruit who was also offered early can look at that and go, "Hey, something's up." If there are differences between letters he and other recruit of the same school got, then it's up there to see.

Read the SI article. His family has been through this - twice - before. The purpose of posting these, it seems, is to help out other recruits and make sure they don't get screwed over, which can happen in the recruiting process.

It's valuable insight. If one coach says, "You're special, you're the only guy we offered early," when it's not true, some other recruit who was also offered early can look at that and go, "Hey, something's up." If there are differences between letters he and other recruit of the same school got, then it's up there to see.

Read the SI article. His family has been through this - twice - before. The purpose of posting these, it seems, is to help out other recruits and make sure they don't get screwed over, which can happen in the recruiting process.

I see what you're saying, but to me it seems the process should be a bit more private. Especially since they are publishing coach's phone numbers. I guess I don't see a parent sitting down and saying well gee lets put these letters online to help other recruits out...To me it seems more likely they are just showing off.