Tate Forcier

Initial reaction from me is, his parents are flaunting the fact he's received numerous recruiting letters from some big time programs almost as if he's saying "I am Tate. Hear me roar!". Even had the recruiting letter from Bo Pelini on there (though I wasn't able to read it)

This reeks of Prima-donna-dosis. <_<

Sports Illustrated

Tate Forcier was training at Marv Marinovich's Orange County, Calif., facility early this year when his cell phone rang. Forcier's father was on the line, and he had good news. Stanford had offered the Scripps Ranch (San Diego) quarterback a scholarship. But Forcier, one of the top quarterback prospects in the class of 2009, didn't celebrate immediately. After watching the recruitment of older brothers Jason (who began at Michigan and transferred to Stanford) and Chris (UCLA), Forcier understood the process better than most.

He wanted to see that offer in writing.

Not long after, an envelope arrived at Forcier's home. Inside was a four-paragraph letter from Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh offering a full scholarship. "It kind of didn't hit me until I actually received the letter in the mail," Forcier said. "When you get that first offer, it's one of the best feelings. You know you have a place. You're set. You're not worrying, 'Am I going to get recruited?'"

Forcier has since received 29 more offers, and as the written offers have arrived, Forcier and his family have scanned them and posted them on the brothers' Web site. As of Tuesday morning, the Forciers had posted 21 offer letters on the site, and those letters offer a fascinating glimpse into a key moment in the recruiting process that is often talked about but rarely examined.

I hardly think that's the case. He isn't someone to get all starry-eyed at the recruiting process (read the SI article). His family has been through it all before, he knows what it's like. What he's offering is for all of us to get a glimpse at what these letters all look and sound like. For instance, MIKE GUNDY TYPING IN ALL CAPS, Stanford throwing the greatest hyperboles, etc, etc. This has never, to my knowledge, been done before, and it's great that he's doing it.

I liked Nebraska's letter. Straight, to the point, professional. Call if you want to know more. That's how letters should be, IMO.

I hardly think that's the case. He isn't someone to get all starry-eyed at the recruiting process (read the SI article). His family has been through it all before, he knows what it's like. What he's offering is for all of us to get a glimpse at what these letters all look and sound like. For instance, MIKE GUNDY TYPING IN ALL CAPS, Stanford throwing the greatest hyperboles, etc, etc. This has never, to my knowledge, been done before, and it's great that he's doing it.

I liked Nebraska's letter. Straight, to the point, professional. Call if you want to know more. That's how letters should be, IMO.

So I wonder who writes these letters <_<

http://www.qbforce.com/tate/offers/Nebraska.htm

It's funny how many have the Phone #'s grayed out in the letters, but forgot to also do it in the letterhead..So..If you want to swap recipies with Mark Mangino you can reach him at 781-864-3193 :moreinteresting

Or call Mike Gundy at 405-744-5737 and tell him to give Hack some capital letters. :box