Mark Schlabach: 8 or 9 wins possible for Huskers!

Western Michigan Home Should win 1-0

San Jose State Home Should win 2-0

New Mexico State Home Should win 3-0

Virginia Tech Home Tough loss 4-0

Missouri 5-0(missouri chokes in lincoln, they haven't won here since what 68? until you win here i say you can't)

Texas Tech Road Difficult win 6-0 not sold on the defense, and i think we can force enough mistakes to win it

Iowa State 7-0

Baylor 8-0

Oklahoma Road8-1

Kansas Home Difficult 9-1

Kansas State Road 10-1

Colorado Home Difficult win 11-1

Here's my thought...

Virginia Tech Home Tough loss 3-1

Missouri Home Unlikely, but possible 3-2

Texas Tech Road Difficult win 4-2

Iowa State Road Difficult win 5-2

Baylor Home Big win 6-2

Oklahoma Road No way 6-3

Kansas Home Difficult loss 6-4

Kansas State Road Should win 7-4

Colorado Home Difficult win 8-4

Same final record, but a little different

Western Michigan- Suspicious. They've been building quietly and will be better than most expect. NU SHOULD win it, but they could trip us up. Win 1-0

San Jose State Home. Should win, BUT SJSU is another team you could easily underestimate. Be carefull. Win 2-0

Virginia Tech Home. probable loss 3-1

Missouri Home . Hopeful here. Mizzou tends to choke in Lincoln. Plus Big Red will have vengence on the mind, and a squad that SHOULD be finding it's rythm . Win 4-1

Texas Tech Road . I think Tech will be better than many think. Difficult loss 4-2

Iowa State Road Win, but I don't think it'll be THAT close. Score maybe something like 27 to 14. Win 5-2

Baylor Home Big win 6-2

Oklahoma Road I agree. No way 6-3

Kansas Home KU won't be anywhere near what they were last year. I don't think they can win in Lincoln. Win.7-3

Kansas State Road. I fear a slip here,KSU weak but dangerous adn unpredictable. This could be the year Josh Freeman figures out what a football is. KSU will also want revenge for the beat down last year. Loss 7-4

Colorado Home. We should have won last year's game and this one's at home. If CU wants this win they better be a LOT better than they were last year, and I doubt they will be. Difficult win 8-3

But I think this is the BEST case scenario. Of course anything can happen so we'll see.

Missouri 5-0(missouri chokes in lincoln, they haven't won here since what 68? until you win here i say you can't)

Texas Tech Road Difficult win 6-0 not sold on the defense, and i think we can force enough mistakes to win it

Iowa State 7-0

Baylor 8-0

Oklahoma Road8-1

Kansas State Road 10-1

Such a tough loss they give us the W anyways?

Western Michigian should win 1-0

San Jose State should win 2-0

New Mexico State should win 3-0 One of these first three will be too close for Husker fans' satisfaction, I'll say this one

VTech one of the more memorable games of the year, Huskers win, some people jump the gun and call it Pelini's signature win 4-0. Tech ends up with a pretty dissapointing season.

Mizzou chokes in Lincoln on a windy day 5-0 Husker fans pissed we aren't in the Top 10

Texas Tech big time letdown, breakout year for Tech Huskers lose by a couple touches 5-1

Iowa State closer than expected but huskers squeak by 6-1

Baylor easy win 7-1

Oklahoma big showdown, Huskers hold tough for the first half but eventually wear down to OU's rushing attack 7-2

Kansas Mangino eats all our runzas, so husker fans are hungry and quieter, but still loses 8-2

K-State This one hurts but Freeman goes crazy, all the Husker naysayers that say Pelini can't defense a dual threat say "I told you so"8-3

Colorado No huddle doesn't work as well in Lincoln. CU Improves this year but gets pounded in Lincoln 9-3

In a strange twist we get TTech again instead of OU in B12 champ, closer but lose again 9-4

Intriguing matchup in the Cotton Bowl of LSU vs. Nebraska. Nebraska gets surprising victory in what feels like a "down year" for LSU. Mark May says Huskers still suck because Les Miles just let Pelini win out of the kindness in his heart.

Iowa State 7-0

Baylor 8-0

Oklahoma Road8-1

Kansas State Road 10-1

Such a tough loss they give us the W anyways?

bah i copied it from annother poster, i ment we would win, i think their running back sitiation is gonna hurt them, i don't think tyrod plays, and glennon throws 5 picks.

Shane(Denver)

How much of a improvment will we see at Nebraska with Pelini?

MARK SCHLABACH

The defense certainly can't get any worse. Pelini will bring a degree of toughness to them. But it may take one or two recruiting classes to really get better on that side of the ball. But I am sure they will not be giving up 70 points in games. They have plenty of fire power on offense, so I think they can get eight or nine wins.

Interesting opinion!

I can agree with that, nine might be a little bit of a strech. But eight wins is very do-able.

Here's an objective viewpoint....

Best case scenario. Could get better if MU, KU or CU suffers any significant injuries:

Missouri Home No way 3-2

Texas Tech Road Unlikely 3-3

Iowa State Road Difficult win 4-3

Baylor Home Big win 5-3

Oklahoma Road No way 5-4

Kansas Home Difficult win 6-4

Kansas State Road Difficult win 7-4

Colorado Home Difficult win 8-4

Nebraska has a very favorable schedule this season. Only 4 games outside of Lincoln, most of the toughest in-conference foes are playing in Lincoln (MU, KU, CU). I don't see NU as a very good road team yet, but when you mostly eating home cooking.... if the Huskers get a few breaks, ya never know. I don't think NU will have ANY easy games after October 1, except maybe Baylor... but the way they improved in basketball, you should be very wary.

I'd agree with you on this, pretty much exactly. The schedule is a little more manageable with 8 home games.

I'd agree with this, except that MU and Tech are both winnable games. The only game I feel that we don't have a shot at winning is the game in Norman, but some of these questionable games will almost certainly end up as losses.

Shane(Denver)

How much of a improvment will we see at Nebraska with Pelini?

MARK SCHLABACH

The defense certainly can't get any worse. Pelini will bring a degree of toughness to them. But it may take one or two recruiting classes to really get better on that side of the ball. But I am sure they will not be giving up 70 points in games. They have plenty of fire power on offense, so I think they can get eight or nine wins.

Interesting opinion!

OK. I'll give it a try.

Missouri Home No way 3-2

Texas Tech Road Unlikely 3-3

Iowa State Road Difficult win 4-3

Baylor Home Big win 5-3

Oklahoma Road No way 5-4

Kansas Home Difficult Loss 5-5

Kansas State Road Difficult win 6-5

Colorado Home Difficult loss 6-6

If this is how it plays out and NU is competitive in losses than that is about all one can expect. It could be that the Colorado game is a win --- if so, the final record is 7-5. Thus, I see 6-6 as most probable, 7-5 as next most probable --- and I'd have to think that there is a 80% or better chance that one of these two records will be what NU ends the regular season with.

The reality is that Kansas, VTech, Missouri, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Colorado --- were these games at a neutral site --- would all be favored over the Huskers (some by a small margin, others larger). If NU steals one of those games that would be nice (and, not too unlikely). Stealing two of those games (and, at the same time, not blowing one of the other six) is not as likely.

So, 6-6 or 7-5. And..... this would definitely be an improvement over last year (especially if we hung in there in most, if not all, the losses and end at 7-5). Thus, we can expect to have a shot at a bowl game. No guarantee, but a decent shot.