Spring Game comments

It was everything I expected, very vanilla. They were looking to work on fundamentals in a game environment and piece together the few remaining starter positions. They were not going to give away the play book, get people hurt or blow peoples socks off with crazy schemes.

There was a ton of ex players on the sideline so it was a good time to get stuff signed if you didn't get your Tommy Frazier or Ahman Green jersey signed back in the day.

Pelini said it in his post game, they have a long ways to go. So come Monday morning at 6 am everyone will be back to work fixing more things.

I know it is easy to say the game was boring and all that, but what did people expect?? Did anyone really think they were gonna show up to a real Nebraska football game and see all the tricks let out of the bag? Like others have said, this was a scrimmage. A chance for people to see things and enjoy the atmosphere and for the team to be in some real game situations, not to pull out all the stops. Just with previous years, this is a new staff, a new team, other new stuff. Gotta take these things for what they are worth and enjoy it.

As I've said elsewhere, I saw the things I was looking for. Guys shaking the rust off, true..and Vanilla, also true.. But ateam at work learning what their coaches were teaching.

I sa a defense that looked like it cared again. They got off blocks and finished plays all afternoon.. first teamers or otherwise. The Effort is back. The offense looked effective. I'd say at this point we have 4 or 5 quaterbacks that are capable of taking the field on any given Saturday, (not saying they'd all WOW you, but they can run a few plays at least)... at least that's impression.

A lot of practice still needed, but it looks promising. I'm sticking to my 7-5 or 8-4 best case for this seaon at the moment though.

The number one thing that I liked was that th defense was going to the ball, and they were hitting someone. They still need some work on some missed tackles, but it was a great improvement over last year.

The offense looked sluggish at times, but I think that was due to not having all the #1's working together all the time, I think it just threw the chemistry off a little bit for everyone.

Indeed, many players have trimmed down, we looked a lot better...

kickers and punters are a very strong unit.

Ganz and Lucky played sparingly

Curenski saw a lot of action, but dropped 2 or 3 easy balls. So he is getting open at least.

Niles didn't have many balls thrown his way, he did a decent job blocking on running plays.

Chris brooks had an awesome one handed catch

Pat witt looks to be the #2 QB, Lee was somewhat erratic throwing the ball

I would have liked to seen 4 or 5 more DEEP balls thrown, just to see how the coverage reacted. A lot of dump passes, I don't really recall any passes beyond 20 yards by the second team QB's

Glenn didn't really stand out a whole lot. Wortmann was the most active LB it seemed.

Asante left the game injured, I don't know if he ever came back. looked like a ham string pull, or maybe a cramp.