Huskers in the 2008 NFL Draft

He says similar things to what I've been saying since last fall. A lot of guys we have had hope for are going to wind up free agents, or in the CFL or not playing at all. They were not properly developed in college.

So on draft day, we get to take one last humiliation from Bill Clownahan.

Prepare yourselves, bretheren..... :angry:

Interesting about C.Nicks..What all did he do before the night of the Party to upset the Coaches?

Sounds like he was trying to be responsible by planning ahead to not drive drunk.

i'm always wrong about things when it comes to the pros, but 6th round pick for Purify is a steal IMO.

Talent wise it is. If not for the troubles he would be picked higher. It's hard to say where he'll get picked honestly. It'll be fun to see the surprises on draft day. I think Nicks is a 2nd rounder, but beyond that it is unknown where anyone will go. Bowman, Purify, Octavien etc are all question marks. With as many picks as the Chiefs have this year, I'm hoping they snag a Husker at some point.

I think a lot of the concern with Purify is that his body type is a lot like Mike Williams out of USC a couple of years ago, last seen eating his way out of a Detroit uniform. I think Mo is more committed than Williams was, and I think he'll make a good H-back type in the NFL and could be used in a lot of red zone situations. The guy knows how to make plays in the end zone, and that'll get him drafted in the later rounds. If he hadn't made those off-the field mistakes, I think he coulda been a late 4th round pick, but now, I think that 6th is more likely.