baseball rankings

I'm a little puzzled over the baseball ranking because Missouri is so high. I think they are ahead of us in one poll and yet we have a much better record and are sitting better in the big 12. It seems like Missouri just won't drop in the rankings and I'm curious as to why. No big deal, it just seems weird they won't hardly drop in the rankings when they lose more than a lot of teams around them.

I have no idea behind the reasoning for that. Was that the Baseball American Poll?

I guess it doesn't really matter though, because one guy from BA said this in his chat:

Q: Eric from Long Beach asks:

I would choose Miami, UNC, Fl.St. Texas A and M, Stanford ASU, Rice and Georgia as my super regional hosts right now. The only question would be getting 3 from the ACC. I see Georgia getting in as the SEC champion. It is very wide open. How do you see it if playoffs started today?

A:

Aaron Fitt: If regionals started today, I would agree with you on all of those except for Texas A&M. I think Nebraska would still get the edge because it has still beaten better teams in conference play as well as nonconference play, and that is reflected in the RPI (where Nebraska is 15, A&M is 22). Of course, if A&M continues to play as well down the stretch as it has to this point, the Aggies will clearly pass Nebraska, and could be a very high national seed.

linkage