First victim

GO DISH TV YEA TEAM It sure isnt a game in Lincoln or even watching the "Pissed in Pasadena" but every game always has the opportunity to provide fantastic memories win or lose. But Maine ?? good lobsters. weird accents oh well

:horns2

GBR

"We get back to winning and we will be on TV more. I saw most of the games last year it seems. I live in SoCal, of course I had to pay for them, but it is worth it to me to see any game I can.

It is not the all the fault of the Athletic Department. Sometimes you just can not get the deal worked out. Sometimes people back out at the last moment. You look for something to fill the void. I would prefer a better game no question. But we need to understand that games are not always under our control. I am very proud of the University to have scheduled USC. This is a major battle that will reap big dividends next year if we win or even play close. We can complain about the schedule this year, but next year we will have one of the toughest in the country if not the toughest. Texas, Texas A&M, USC, Kstate should be back, if Oklahoma wins the south and we win the north, that is four teams that could be ranked in the top 5 when we play them. You will get your share of tough games next year. Eat a cup cake and shut up!!!! Just kidding."

oh hell yeah. if the 2005 recruits mesh well and some playmakers emerge this year and if we get a solid recruiting class similar to '05 in '06 we should be in pretty good shape to make it a great football game. im a hopeless optimist when it comes to my favorite team hehe. plus we play texas at home that year as well. Texas, not being the recruiting monster it was in recent years, still pulls in good recruiting classes. thats one game im gonna try to make it to :horns2

well they are a recruiting monster compared to husker recruiting of recent years, but according to rivals100.com texas had the number 1 class in 2002, #15 in 2003, #10 in 2004, and its 2005 class was ranked 20th, so its kind of bumpy. while oklahahoma was 7th, 4th, 8th, and 3rd through 2002-2005, we were nowhere near these recruiting classes.

but texas a&m has also been in the top 15 recruiting classes in that same time period.

yes we had a great recruiting class this year but this is just one class. Some people i've talked to think this year we will be contenders for the NC, but we are a couple of years away from that i think. if we have a solid class next year thats more building blocks. no place else to go but up.

Maine went 3-5 in the Atlantic-10, losing to Delarware, James Madison (good team), Northeastern, Hofstra, and New Hampshire. This bears repeating - they lost to Hofsra.

Maine lost their best player on offense (RB Marcus Williams), their best WR (Christian Pereira), and their best player on defense (Brandon McGowen).

They have 6 returning starters on offense, 5 on defense.

I'm looking forward to the game (hey, I look forward to EVERY game), but I expect a shellacking.

Good prep for Wake Forest.