Position: RB/CB

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 200

40 time: 4.4

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #10/****

Insiders: #11/****

Commit Date: 10/03/04

In depth analysis, stats, pros, con, etc. to come throughout the day and the week. Feel free to begin discussion on any topic you would like.

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important).

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity?

4) Who does this player most remind you of?

5) Where do you see this player in 2009?

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

Perfect build, pretty bad student

8- solid athlete. We grabbed the top player in the state of Washington

Special teams- will not redshirt

Faster bullocks type kid.

Having a solid season if he can pass his classes

I want to see Leon battle for the RB position, but it would also be nice to have a athlete like this in the defensive backfield. He will make an impact no matter where he plays. Lucky and Leon would be a nice 1-2 punch at RB though.

We need him in the DB more than the offensive backfield.

I want to see Leon battle for the RB position, but it would also be nice to have a athlete like this in the defensive backfield. He will make an impact no matter where he plays. Lucky and Leon would be a nice 1-2 punch at RB though.

We need him in the DB more than the offensive backfield.

I agree with you Dave . I think he should be able to come right in and play the other safety spot left open now that J.Bullocks went pro.

Video Analysis from DaveH:

In the film I have seen as a RB, this guy can make you miss. Well. Shows good balance coming off contact as well. Great break away ability as well, but not on the level of a Marlon. I haven't seen hardly any footage of him at CB so I really can't say much in that department. However, the guys shows he has some raw athleticism that he could use in many ways around the field.

Two positions, Free and Strong.

We lose a recruit with the late defection of Reggie Smith. That leaves only Leon Jackson (if he moves to safety) and maybe the new kid, Wilson. We'll still be 2 deep at both positions if Jackson and Wilson are able to make the transition. Reggie's defection to OU hurts. It seems as if the coaches were counting on a commit by him and didn't go after other safety prospects. Anyone have an idea of what the safeties will look like next season?

He's blindingly fast, probably the fastest we got this year. Has great character but not a good student. He might be one of the most psyched recruits we have to be a Husker. Great leader as was shown in the All-American game when he took leadership on the West squad. If he gets qualified, should be a gamebreaker for the Huskers.

8. He can play safety, which is something we really need, but he's a great RB, which is something we don't right now.

If he's an RB, he'll just contribute on special teams and maybe in blowouts. I'd imagine he'd redshirt his first year though. However, if he switches to safety, he could be the first backup or possibly starter for next season at free. This assuming he gets qualified, first.

Michael Bennett, RB for the Minnesota Vikings.

Starting at safety or potentially starting at running back (assuming Marlon leaves early and who else we get in the upcoming classes). I think his brightest future is at safety.