Position: WR

Height: 6’3"

Weight:190

40 time: 4.5

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #16 / :star:star:star:star

Insiders: #22 / :star:star:star:star

Commit Date: 1/20/05

In depth analysis, stats, pros, con, etc. to come throughout the day and the week. Feel free to begin discussion on any topic you would like.

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important).

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity?

4) Who does this player most remind you of?

5) Where do you see this player in 2009?

:cheers

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

I find he is very family oriented and wants what is best for his wife and child. He seemks like the Randy Moss or Terrell Ownes go-to receiver you want without all of the personality problems.

10, We need a go-to guy to get that first down on third and 5 or to throw that fade to in the last seconds of a game.

He will contribute right away and be a leader on the field.

Terrell Owens and Randy Moss, without the personality flaws.

One of the Top 20 receivers in the coutry leading NU in receptions and looking to go to the NFL.

The most well spoken recruit I've ever listened to and read stuff from. He's very mature for his age. Has a year old son and is a big family man. Great football player from all accounts. He'll be a gem on and off the field, very good kid.

10, just because of his personality and the fact that he could be the go to guy for the next 3-4 years.

Absolutely. He could start right away.

Brandon Lloyd, WR, San Francisco 49ers.

I'd expect him to be in his second year of the NFL, as I think he'll leave early to support his family. Will be a great receiver, perhaps the best since Fryar.

The way that Nebraska go this kid has just got to have tightened the rope around Pinkel's neck. He's got one more year with his prized QB.

Can Brooks pick up the offense will be a question?

Also heard Brooks from his mouth that he has never lifted before!!! Does this mean he's a punk who thinks he's better than everyone or he's that good he never needed to?

Also heard Brooks from his mouth that he has never lifted before!!! Does this mean he's a punk who thinks he's better than everyone or he's that good he never needed to?

I heard that too Eric, I was astonished. Of course you can't really tell if he is a punk or not, but I think the fact that he has a child and is going to be married soon is a good thing and will help keep him focused on being a solid student-athlete. This kid's size and speed I imagine will only improve when he hits the weight room and works with the trainers at NU. If he stays on task, could be looking at a Roy Williams type of receiver in 4-5 years, in terms of raw physical attributes.

C.B. is about the furthest from a punk that we have in this recruiting class. Very, very good kid whos heart is in the right place and has his head screwed on straight. He really hasn't touched a weight because he's never had to, he was really never serious about college football until this last year. This provides A LOT of growth potential in him. He could turn out to be a gamebreaker for the Huskers.

Also heard Brooks from his mouth that he has never lifted before!!!  Does this mean he's a punk who thinks he's better than everyone or he's that good he never needed to?

C.B. is about the furthest from a punk that we have in this recruiting class. Very, very good kid whos heart is in the right place and has his head screwed on straight. He really hasn't touched a weight because he's never had to, he was really never serious about college football until this last year. This provides A LOT of growth potential in him. He could turn out to be a gamebreaker for the Huskers.

Yeah, I agreee with you, but why no lifting!?!?!?!?!?!?

Also heard Brooks from his mouth that he has never lifted before!!!  Does this mean he's a punk who thinks he's better than everyone or he's that good he never needed to?

Yeah, I agreee with you, but why no lifting!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think the no lifting is more common then we think. There is an article in ESPN the mag. about a kid the Celtics drafted after of HS. It said when he was drafted he couldn't bench 100 lbs. The guy is 6-8 220lbs. I think kids are able to coast by on natural talent.

I think the no lifting is more common then we think. There is an article in ESPN the mag. about a kid the Celtics drafted after of HS. It said when he was drafted he couldn't bench 100 lbs. The guy is 6-8 220lbs. I think kids are able to cost by on natural talent.

Was that the Jefferson kid? Arkansas was his leading college in the recruiting war, although no one thought he'd ever see college. Naturally, the papers here ran a number of stories and pictures. In them, while he was a big kid, he seemed to lack any muscle development. In particular, no triceps - none. He had been so much bigger than everyone else in high school that I doubt he ever touched a weight...

I think the no lifting is more common then we think.  There is an article in ESPN the mag. about a kid the Celtics drafted after of HS.  It said when he was drafted he couldn't bench 100 lbs.  The guy is 6-8 220lbs.  I think kids are able to cost by on natural talent.

Was that the Jefferson kid? Arkansas was his leading college in the recruiting war, although no one thought he'd ever see college. Naturally, the papers here ran a number of stories and pictures. In them, while he was a big kid, he seemed to lack any muscle development. In particular, no triceps - none. He had been so much bigger than everyone else in high school that I doubt he ever touched a weight...

That would be correct. It said he was playing pretty well in the minutes he is getting.