Video/Audio editing software

Figured we could share what we use for these.

For audio, I use 2 programs (both free)

-WavePad

I use this for basic stuff, basically for making ringtones. Extremely simple interface.

-Audacity

I tried this thanks to my dad, who uses it to edit things in the recording of his sermons (he's HuskerPreacher on here). It's more complicated than WavePad, and therefore can do quite a bit more.

For video...

-Windows Movie Maker

Unfortunately, I'm relegated to using Microsoft's free software for this, which likes to crash every 10 minutes. I rarely do video editing though, so it's not a huge deal. I can't justify buying video editing software for just that reason, I don't use it often enough.

What do you guys use? I figured we could help each other out if we've found some really good programs, be they Free or Not So Free.

• 2 weeks later...

What does Super exactly do?

I downloaded realplayer, which allows you to download almost all videos, but it is just the free version so I can't convert the files for my Ipod, or import them to Movie Maker, can Super do that?

Super can convert almost any video format to another. I've even used it to extract audio tracks from videos. Super does offer conversions from video media to IPod format. Check out the site:

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Something to keep in mind is that it can be a resource hog (at least on mine cause my PC is ancient), so when you want to convert you might do it overnight or when you don't need your PC

Okay that website is really confusing, how do you download it, I just keep on clicking on links and basically I got confused :hmmph

I stole this info from a help thread written by Eliot1171:

Converting Videos

If you have a video on you computer and need to convert it, you can do it online using THIS online tool or you can use a free program like SUPER. HERE is a basic tutorial on how to use SUPER.

Click on the SUPER link and click on the Download button. He's got a lot of other good info if you're interested:

Audio Video How To

It's a powerful tool to use, but can be confusing and doesn't have much help other than googling for it. Hope this helps.