2005 Recruiting Class

What grade would you give this year's recruiting class?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great class this year. I just wish that we could have gotten Nyan, Adam Meyers-White and Reggie to commit. With their help this could have been an A - A+ class. Also the fact that we let Calvin Mickens get away wasn't too comforting.

I'm not trying to criticize the class or anything because this is the best class that Nebraska has had for a long time. It just would have been that much better with the aforementioned fellows in it, especially with the departure of J. Bullocks and Fabian Washington.

I give it a B+!

While the class has some very highly rated and very highly touted recruits, the overall lack of speed in this class is disappointing. The 50 or so wr's they got dont really have a great deep threat, even though Hardy has pretty decent wheels. The LBs seem to have the best comparative overall speed, but then guys like R Piccou and Harvey are exceptionally slow.

That and the fact that the coaching staff left us dangerously thin at DB, yet failed to get more than 3 guys projected to play there is not very good.

I guess that when you run callahans system, you need more scholly qbs to play one position than you need scholly dbs to play 4?

Get used to 5-6.

While the class has some very highly rated and very highly touted recruits, the overall lack of speed in this class is disappointing. The 50 or so wr's they got dont really have a great deep threat, even though Hardy has pretty decent wheels. The LBs seem to have the best comparative overall speed, but then guys like R Piccou and Harvey are exceptionally slow.

That and the fact that the coaching staff left us dangerously thin at DB, yet failed to get more than 3 guys projected to play there is not very good.

I guess that when you run callahans system, you need more scholly qbs to play one position than you need scholly dbs to play 4?

Get used to 5-6.

Picou and Harvey are lineman. 40 speed means nothing. It's all in the first two steps. First man to get his second step down wins the battle in the trenches.

If you think these guys are slow then get used to hearing "I told ya so" for the next few years.

Boateng is a great prospect, and I think it was wrong for Mitch Sherman, of the OWH, to judge him so harshly on his performance in the U.S. Army All-American game when the prospect had been limping all week and was still probably not in top shape. Sounded to me like sour grapes. With that said, with the recruitment of Brooks, Franz, etc., I think we did fine at WR. We will just have to wait and see on who in this bunch will pan out. You just never know.

As for Smith, he's a terrific prospect, and he seems to be a great kid. But if Leon Jackson can academically qualify and would agree to try a safety position, that possibly would help make up for the loss of Smith -- we have enough Rbs.

Anyway, you are going to lose a few when you go after highly sought-after players. Tennessee did extremely well but we took one away from them as did USC. We took Lucky away from USC. They didn't get Stewart. I know OU wanted Dillard no matter what the spin was on the OU boards. But it will be three or four years before we can really rate any of these classes.

Go Big Red!

If you think these guys are slow then get used to hearing "I told ya so" for the next few years.

I agree, I really hate hearing MYSELF continually tell you guys that "I told you so."

But I do.

Come fall when these freshmen arrive for their conditioning tests, the 40-yard dash times won't measure up to what was reported by the media. You will find they are generally slower. It always seems like that. It will take plenty of conditioning in the weight room to improve their speed, quickness, strength, etc.

I agree, I really hate hearing MYSELF continually tell you guys that "I told you so."

But I do.

Oh great soothsayer, what have you predicted? You joined the board on December 1st, the season ended on November 26th. I think in order to say, "I told ya so" you need to initially "tell" somebody something.

But I do.

Oh great soothsayer, what have you predicted? I think in order to say, "I told ya so" you need to initially "tell" somebody something.

So...what does that have to do with anything. I'm sure the person watched the games.