Is this Callahan or Solich's work

kramer

Anyway, my official take on this is much the same as most reponders. It has to be some of both. Every class is going to have kids who do well in the classroom, which has proven to be most kids on the football team in the past, and kids who don't do so well.

Regardless of who gets the "credit" for the GPA's, it is good for the kids and the university that it is up. Afterall, the kids are the ones making the grades, not former or current coaches. I hope to see more of the same in the years to come and the fact that the freshman have a good GPA average is a good start.

Anyway, my official take on this is much the same as most reponders. It has to be some of both. Every class is going to have kids who do well in the classroom, which has proven to be most kids on the football team in the past, and kids who don't do so well.

Regardless of who gets the "credit" for the GPA's, it is good for the kids and the university that it is up. Afterall, the kids are the ones making the grades, not former or current coaches. I hope to see more of the same in the years to come and the fact that the freshman have a good GPA average is a good start.

credit the coaches who set them up with tutors aswell. ;)

The #1 contributor to success is the student him/herserlf. The teachers and faculty, coaches, advisors, tutors, ancillary programs, facilities...it all contributes to the success of the student.

On balance, UNL has done very nicely - from 2000 to 2003, UNL had the most Academic All Americans in the entire NCAA. The only other DIV I school in the top 5 was Notre Dame. And Stanford, of all places, didn't make the top 10 (coming in at 13th - though that's probably due to lack of athletics than lack of academics ;)).

1. University of Nebraska I 28

2. Emory University III 26

3. University of Notre Dame I 22

4. Truman State University II 19

5. University of Indianapolis II 18

IRISH!

The #1 contributor to success is the student him/herserlf. The teachers and faculty, coaches, advisors, tutors, ancillary programs, facilities...it all contributes to the success of the student.

On balance, UNL has done very nicely - from 2000 to 2003, UNL had the most Academic All Americans in the entire NCAA. The only other DIV I school in the top 5 was Notre Dame. And Stanford, of all places, didn't make the top 10 (coming in at 13th - though that's probably due to lack of athletics than lack of academics ;)).

1. University of Nebraska I 28

2. Emory University III 26

3. University of Notre Dame I 22

4. Truman State University II 19

5. University of Indianapolis II 18

IRISH!

Thanks for the research Irish. Another reason for Husker fans to have pride in the program.