Is this Callahan or Solich's work

kramer

The Huskers' cumulative 2.924 team grade-point average is the highest in program history after the fall semester.

or does it really matter.

I think you can attribute it to both. Solich didn't recruit village idiots, but Callahan has obviously placed a higher emphasis on discipline. I read that the freshmen cumulative GPA for the first semester was 3.165, which would be Callahan's players. Very nice to see.

The Huskers' cumulative 2.924 team grade-point average is the highest in program history after the fall semester.

I think you can attribute it to both. Solich didn't recruit village idiots, but Callahan has obviously placed a higher emphasis on discipline. I read that the freshmen cumulative GPA for the first semester was 3.165, which would be Callahan's players. Very nice to see.

Great point. I think it's more Callahan.

Great point. I think it's more Callahan.

omg give me a break. This is solich's players. CAll me back when marlon I can't talk lucky and his other idiot recruits who are hellish athletes get a good gpa. Oh yeah maybe they will if the tutors keep doing the work for them.

omg give me a break.  This is solich's players.  CAll me back when marlon I can't talk lucky and his other idiot recruits who are hellish athletes get a good gpa.  Oh yeah maybe they will if the tutors keep doing the work for them.

Are you kidding me dude? You and a few others around here act like there have never been any recruits that struggled to qualify. Did you ever here Lord talk? Benard Thomas, the Bullocks? Nice try though man. :wacko:

omg give me a break.  This is solich's players.  CAll me back when marlon I can't talk lucky and his other idiot recruits who are hellish athletes get a good gpa.  Oh yeah maybe they will if the tutors keep doing the work for them.

Anyone notice the irony? Benard criticizing the capabilities of the recruits to perform college-level work? Let’s review, shall we?

1. Sentences begin with the first letter of the first word (or acronym) being capitalized, unless that word (or acronym) is lower case or the sentence is quoting. Acronyms are typically typed in all caps. Therefore, “omg” should be “OMG”.

2. The acronym “OMG” is a dependent clause. When combining a dependent clause with an independent clause (“give me a break”), a comma is used to join the two. Therefore, the sentence should read: “OMG, give me a break”.

3. “This” is often used in speech and informal writing as an emphatic substitute for the indefinite article to refer to a specific thing or person. It is singular. As used by Benard, “This” refers to his own sentence, making the statement nonsensical. Nor would “these” be correct, insofar as it is merely the plural of “this”, and would refer to more than one of Benard’s own sentences. The correct word is “those”, which is a plural reference to the preceding subject, which are the recruits.

4. As the subject is recruits, and not a single recruit, the use of “is” is incorrect, as it refers to the singular, rather than the plural. The correct word would be “are”.

5. Proper names are capitalized. Therefore, “solich’s” should be “Solich’s”.

6. When starting a sentence, the first letter of the word “call” is capitalized. See number 1, above. When “call” is used in any other location in the sentence, all letters are lower case. Therefore, “CAll” should be “Call”.

7. “marlon” should be “Marlon”. See number 5, above.

8. “lucky” should be “Lucky”. See number 5, above.

8. The phrase “I can’t talk” is placed in the sentence as a sarcastic descriptor, and as such should be set off with quotation marks. Therefore, the phrase should have been “I can’t talk”.

9. The word “his” is a possessive pronoun indicating ownership. However, the remaining recruits in this class are not Lucky’s. They are, rather, Callahan’s. Therefore, “his” should have been “Callahan’s”.

10. “GPA” should be typed in all caps. See number 1.

11. The phrase “Oh yeah” is, like “OMG”, a dependent clause, and should be set off by the use of a comma following it. The phrase should be “Oh yeah,” or Oh, yeah,”.

12. The word “them” in the phrase “if the tutors keep doing the work for them” refers to the recruits, as does the word “they”, since the subject of the preceding sentence was the recruits, and no words or phrases subsequent indicate or imply a different subject. However, the use of the word “keep” means that “the tutors” have previously provided tutoring services. Since these are recruits, and by definition were and are in schools other than Nebraska, Benard’s phrasing would be correct only if Nebraska’s tutors had been providing tutoring services to the recruits while they were in their respective high schools or junior colleges, or if the tutors in their respective high schools or junior colleges enroll in Nebraska and continue to provide tutoring services to the recruits while they are at Nebraska. Since neither is true – or at least there is no evidence of either condition being true – the sentence should read: “Oh yeah, maybe they will if tutors keep doing the work for them.”

So, to summarize, the statements should read as follows:

OMG, give me a break. These are Solich's players. Call me back when Marlon I can't talk” Lucky and Callahan’s other idiot recruits who are hellish athletes get a good GPA. Oh yeah, maybe they will if tutors keep doing the work for them.” (The word "the" removed.)

Glass houses, eh?

Anyone notice the irony? Benard criticizing the capabilities of the recruits to perform college-level work? Let’s review, shall we?

1. Sentences begin with the first letter of the first word (or acronym) being capitalized, unless that word (or acronym) is lower case or the sentence is quoting. Acronyms are typically typed in all caps. Therefore, “omg” should be “OMG”.

2. The acronym “OMG” is a dependent clause. When combining a dependent clause with an independent clause (“give me a break”), a comma is used to join the two. Therefore, the sentence should read: “OMG, give me a break”.

3. “This” is often used in speech and informal writing as an emphatic substitute for the indefinite article to refer to a specific thing or person. It is singular. As used by Benard, “This” refers to his own sentence, making the statement nonsensical. Nor would “these” be correct, insofar as it is merely the plural of “this”, and would refer to more than one of Benard’s own sentences. The correct word is “those”, which is a plural reference to the preceding subject, which are the recruits.

4. As the subject is recruits, and not a single recruit, the use of “is” is incorrect, as it refers to the singular, rather than the plural. The correct word would be “are”.

6. When starting a sentence, the first letter of the word “call” is capitalized. See number 1, above. When “call” is used in any other location in the sentence, all letters are lower case. Therefore, “CAll” should be “Call”.

8. The phrase “I can’t talk” is placed in the sentence as a sarcastic descriptor, and as such should be set off with quotation marks. Therefore, the phrase should have been “I can’t talk”.

9. The word “his” is a possessive pronoun indicating ownership. However, the remaining recruits in this class are not Lucky’s. They are, rather, Callahan’s. Therefore, “his” should have been “Callahan’s”.

11. The phrase “Oh yeah” is, like “OMG”, a dependent clause, and should be set off by the use of a comma following it. The phrase should be “Oh yeah,” or Oh, yeah,”.

12. The word “them” in the phrase “if the tutors keep doing the work for them” refers to the recruits, as does the word “they”, since the subject of the preceding sentence was the recruits, and no words or phrases subsequent indicate or imply a different subject. However, the use of the word “keep” means that “the tutors” have previously provided tutoring services. Since these are recruits, and by definition were and are in schools other than Nebraska, Benard’s phrasing would be correct only if Nebraska’s tutors had been providing tutoring services to the recruits while they were in their respective high schools or junior colleges, or if the tutors in their respective high schools or junior colleges enroll in Nebraska and continue to provide tutoring services to the recruits while they are at Nebraska. Since neither is true – or at least there is no evidence of either condition being true – the sentence should read: “Oh yeah, maybe they will if tutors keep doing the work for them.”

OMG, give me a break. These are Solich's players. Call me back when Marlon I can't talk” Lucky and Callahan’s other idiot recruits who are hellish athletes get a good GPA. Oh yeah, maybe they will if tutors keep doing the work for them.” (The word "the" removed.)

Glass houses, eh?

This is a message board. I type fast and short as possible.

Glass houses, eh?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH BURN! Thanks for that english lesson AR, I think everyone deserves a good chuckle on a Monday. :lol:

Glass houses, eh?

Quite impressive, professor.

So sorry Benard, you did get :steam !!