Players being pushed out the door, or something.

I think the only problem I have with this is the predetermination of reps.

Chemistry, acclimation to the system and culture and terminology, learning the offense - these things are just as important as sheer physical talent. A JUCO might have done it with one team, but that's no guarantee he can do it with another team.

Seems like reps should be equal at the beginning of spring camp and only shifted until some of the existing QB's start to prove themselves better than others.

IRISH!

1. Why shouldnt a new recruit get 40% of the snaps, are you really that ignorant? What about proving yourself by actually beating the out the incumbant on the playing field, not being given the job because it is the dreams of the coaches?”

You complained about him getting “40% of the snaps” in spring practice – the “playing field”.  He can’t get reps on the practice field, but he has to prove himself on the practice field before he gets reps, according to you.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Hey kettle, is that you?

3 points-formerfan

Wow, a IKYABWAI lame. How original. How creative. But, on the other hand, no one expected anything better…

BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

3. Gee, where did I say that? And who's saying that Taylor is farther along in the system, you? Hell, you cant even grasp the ideas of "proving it on the field", or "working your way up from the bottom." HE HAS NEVER TAKEN A SNAP IN cally's SYSTEM, how is he further along than guys that are already there???

4 points-formerfan

My, my, my. English your second language? I asked a question – I didn’t write that you made a statement. I asked you if, as an alternative to giving 40% of the snaps to Taylor, you would prefer giving far fewer reps to all the quarterbacks.

Here’s your free hint. The symbol “?” denotes a question, not a declarative statement. Obviously, you don’t “tudor” any students on either English or logic.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

4.  No, the problem is that an elementary statement such as that is much too complex for you to comprehend, again. Kettle, anyone?

5 points-formerfan

….wrote the guy who “tudors” students; doesn’t know the difference between a question and a declarative statement, and who thinks a player shouldn’t get reps on the field until he proves himself on the field he can’t get on to get reps.

BAWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

5. Again, reading comp. Did you ever make it past the third grade? I cannot possibly simplify "on the field" enough to get you to understand without visual aids and life-like models, so I'll quit at this point.

6 points-formerfan

….wrote the guy who thinks a player shouldn’t get reps on the field until he proves himself on the field he can’t get on to get reps.

Wow, here it goes again. Ive had an easier time tutoring jr. high kids to understand advanced algebra then I have had getting you to understand something as complex as starting at the bottom and working your way to the top. I wish I could see you face to face, that way I could use charts, graphs, PowerPoint presentations, and when all else fails, I could pull out the Legos and build it for you.

“Tudoring”? Try “tutoring”.

BAWAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Trying to prove your “mental superiority” by demonstrating a complete lack of English comprehension? Too funny!

1. I guess your lack of humor is surpassed only by your lack of football knowledge. For those of you that have never stepped on a field (such as yourself), here's how it works. You start at the bottom, go through a few tests to show your athletic ability, then you go through a few drills, and when the coaches determine that you are better than guys 1-5, then you get more snaps, which equals more practice time, which may equal more playing time. Pretty difficult, isnt it, at least for someone like you?

YOU MISPELLED FARTHER, OR IS IT FURTHER???-YOU SAID FATHER!!!!!

BAHWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA!!!!!!!!

2. Lame but true, and better than anything you can come up with.

3. Your exact quote, "So, instead of giving 40% of the reps to a JUCO who is father along in the system, you’d prefer to give far fewer reps to all the players?"

My exact response "And who's saying that Taylor is farther along in the system, you?"

Gee, glass houses???? If you wanna (<-----misspelled intentionally) spit hairs, then I never made any statement, I rebutted your question with another question. Maybe you should take your own crappy advice? Beside, your "question" was declaring that the JUCO, Taylor, was father along in the system, you ought to try to read what you write instead of spewing garbage repeatedly. Reading comp?

4. Again, it seems like I am not the only one with said problem.

5. No explanation needed, you dont have enough knowledge of football to get you to understand, so Im done.

6. If the best you can do is pick out the one or two very minute grammatical (spelling) errors, then I am not doing too bad, I guess I had better use my spell checker like you. If I wanted to scrutinize every single thing that you write, Im sure I can find a few simple errors of your own (btw, I dont like to use apostrophes, and that is done on purpose :thumbs ). Your quotes:

a) How original. --Not a sentence

B) How creative. --Not a sentence

c) I didn’t write that you made a statement--- run on sentence, you need to add a comma

d) father--father, father, who's father?? What the hell, ohhhh geeezzz BAHWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAW, reading comp, reading comp, spelling, spelling, spelling, reading comp.

Btw, the word you are looking for is "further" meaning to or at a greater extent or degree or a more advanced stage.

I have had more mature debates with my 4 year old cousin than you

"Its mine!" "No its not, its mine!!"

Wanna try again, smart guy???

:lol:

Former Fan and AR Husker:

Thank you for the entertainment !!!!

I think you both have very valid arguements....

I understand "working your way up the ladder", but I also understand that if a guy is head and shoulders better, he may climb the ladder skipping a couple of rungs..

Joe should be listed #1, and none of this "co" sh#@....... No one put more effort into this team than he did last year....Yes, he sucked it up at times, but it wasn't lack of effort or intensity... I am assuming that no one on this board was perfect at his/her job during thier initial training phase....

Taylor may be the best guy for the job.... Once the coaches see him in practice, if they feel that he is one of the best (which they already do based on film), then they should vault him ahead of Gantz, Stuntz, Davis, Goodman,.....remeber, they have already have had a long look at these guys....(I know, they will get better just like JD)....

I am saying that he should start lower on depth chart, but if the hype is correct, and he can play, he should climb the chart RAPIDLY.....

Anyway, I have enjoyed reading the verbal "jousting" between the two of you.. I was laughing out loud reading both of your arguements.....BRILLIANT :cheers

:lol:

Former Fan and AR Husker:

Thank you for the entertainment !!!!

I think you both have very valid arguements....

I understand "working your way up the ladder", but I also understand that if a guy is head and shoulders better, he may climb the ladder skipping a couple of rungs..

Joe should be listed #1, and none of this "co" sh#@....... No one put more effort into this team than he did last year....Yes, he sucked it up at times, but it wasn't lack of effort or intensity... I am assuming that no one on this board was perfect at his/her job during thier initial training phase....

Taylor may be the best guy for the job.... Once the coaches see him in practice, if they feel that he is one of the best (which they already do based on film), then they should vault him ahead of Gantz, Stuntz, Davis, Goodman,.....remeber, they have already have had a long look at these guys....(I know, they will get better just like JD)....

I am saying that he should start lower on depth chart, but if the hype is correct, and he can play, he should climb the chart RAPIDLY.....

Anyway, I have enjoyed reading the verbal "jousting" between the two of you.. I was laughing out loud reading both of your arguements.....BRILLIANT :cheers

Wow, thats what Ive been trying to say, I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Brilliant! :cheers

Your acknowledgment that you have been unable to provide as mature a debate as you do with your 4-year old cousin is noted. Thank you and good night...

Actually, I was comparing you to my 4 year old cousin, but I am not surprised that you were unable to see the analogy. :wacko:

Your acknowledgment that you have been unable to provide as mature a debate as you do with your 4-year old cousin is noted. Thank you and good night...

Actually, I was comparing you to my 4 year old cousin, but I am not surprised that you were unable to see the analogy. :wacko:

And even less surprising that you were unable to adequately make it.