Players being pushed out the door, or something.

Gee, uh, I dunno, maybe JD is being pushed out the door, as was Stuntz. Stuntz was regarded as the best passer of the whords of qbs that are on the roster

That's a stretch with Stuntz. Solich didn't even have confidence in him. Remeber after the ISU game in 2002? They were talking to Dukes about burning his redshirt to start. Stutnz was an after thought.

Gee, uh, I dunno, maybe JD is being pushed out the door, as was Stuntz. Stuntz was regarded as the best passer of the whords of qbs that are on the roster, while JD is the returning starter, yet I heard cally say that Taylor will share 1st team duties w/ JD, even though he has never taken a snap at NU,\ and hasnt played major college fb in a couple of years.

If that doesnt tell you that JD is being pushed aside, then you need a reality check. :wacko:

:rollin Obviously football intelligence is not a prerequisit for posting here!

Wow, you hit that nail on the head.

I'm sure Birkel was pushed out the door too, huh? Really, the only ones I've seen 'pushed' out the door were Horn and Incognito, and praise be to Callahan for doing it.

Yes it is obvious, I have quotes from two different people in this thread to prove that point.

See: 17 TDs, 19 INTs. And then shut up and buy some Ohio merchandise. While you're at it, stop by Rivals and watch some film of Harrison Beck. You'll see he's plenty mobile for our tastes. J.D. will get his fair look as the starter for next year, don't believe all the internet talk you hear about how Zac Taylor will step in right away and take the spot. However, Joe Joe's gonna have to have an amazing turnaround to do so. And if you no longer support the Nebraska Cornhuskers (not the Nebraska Callahan's or Bill's Cornhuskers, the NEBRASKA Cornhuskers) then please, get off the boards.

As to which Internet site I got the info from, sorry, I saw it Sunday night after the local news, either on the callahan stroke-off show hosted by Jim "All I wanna do is save my precious job as voice of the Huskers" Rose, or on the weekly show on WOWT.

It was reported that Taylor was penciled in to get 40% of the snaps w/ the first team during Spring practice (per jay norvell), the same as JD. Thats an insult to Joe.

Who's not being pushed aside again?

As to which Internet site I got the info from, sorry, I saw it Sunday night after the local news, either on the callahan stroke-off show hosted by Jim "All I wanna do is save my precious job as voice of the Huskers" Rose, or on the weekly show on WOWT.

It was reported that Taylor was penciled in to get 40% of the snaps w/ the first team during Spring practice (per jay norvell), the same as JD. Thats an insult to Joe.

Hmmm......you can't ever seem to remember where you hear things from, you just 'magically' hear them. All your Husker dreams when you go to bed? But you listen to the BC show and sports nightly, so are you really formerman or closetfan?

Why shouldn't a new QB recruit get 40% of the snaps? Our QB play was not very good last year, so let 2 or 3 guys get equal snaps to see who's the best. Should Dailey take all the snaps if he's not the best guy for the job? Hell no! It's not an insult to Joe, this is competition, and you can't compete if you don't have a chance. I would rather JD got about 20% and let Adams and Taylor get the other 40% each, because I've seen what JD can do.

1. Hmmm......you can't ever seem to remember where you hear things from, you just 'magically' hear them. All your Husker dreams when you go to bed? But you listen to the BC show and sports nightly, so are you really formerman or closetfan?

2. Why shouldn't a new QB recruit get 40% of the snaps? Our QB play was not very good last year, so let 2 or 3 guys get equal snaps to see who's the best. Should Dailey take all the snaps if he's not the best guy for the job? Hell no! It's not an insult to Joe, this is competition, and you can't compete if you don't have a chance. I would rather JD got about 20% and let Adams and Taylor get the other 40% each, because I've seen what JD can do.

1. Because there are 3 show on at the same time, and I was switching between the 3. I usually listen to Travis Justice because he has the only show of the three thats balanced. He doesnt fall to his knees and give pud and cally a h****r, he tells it like it is. I think it was the WOWT show that it was reported on, but I dont remember for sure.

2. Why shouldnt a new recruit get 40% of the snaps, are you really that ignorant? What about proving yourself by actually beating the out the incumbant on the playing field, not being given the job because it is the dreams of the coaches?

1. Hmmm......you can't ever seem to remember where you hear things from, you just 'magically' hear them. All your Husker dreams when you go to bed? But you listen to the BC show and sports nightly, so are you really formerman or closetfan?

2. Why shouldn't a new QB recruit get 40% of the snaps? Our QB play was not very good last year, so let 2 or 3 guys get equal snaps to see who's the best. Should Dailey take all the snaps if he's not the best guy for the job? Hell no! It's not an insult to Joe, this is competition, and you can't compete if you don't have a chance. I would rather JD got about 20% and let Adams and Taylor get the other 40% each, because I've seen what JD can do.

1. Because there are 3 show on at the same time, and I was switching between the 3. I usually listen to Travis Justice because he has the only show of the three thats balanced. He doesnt fall to his knees and give pud and cally a h****r, he tells it like it is. I think it was the WOWT show that it was reported on, but I dont remember for sure.

2. Why shouldnt a new recruit get 40% of the snaps, are you really that ignorant? What about proving yourself by actually beating the out the incumbant on the playing field, not being given the job because it is the dreams of the coaches?

Travis Justice? Are you kidding me? If he is bowing to anyone, it's Harrah's. My god, his show might as well be one half hour long commercial for the place.

As far as his sports "commentary", I am convinced that he says things just to get people to call and write in. I have tried to watch it, I really have.

The reason he will get the reps is because that's why he was brought in. You don't bring in a Juco player if you are just going to sit him for a year. You bring them in to play. He hasn't stolen the top spot from Dailey.

He has just as much experience as Dailey has. He should get the same reps.

Why?

So you wouldnt feel insulted if your boss hired a new guy and gave him your job without him proving himself??

Ah. In there lies the difference. He hasn't been given the job yet. No matter how much you want to think he has. He hasn't.

Why?

So you wouldnt feel insulted if your boss hired a new guy and gave him your job without him proving himself??

Ah. In there lies the difference. He hasn't been given the job yet. No matter how much you want to think he has. He hasn't.

Not in so many words. norvell reportedly has already given him half of the starters playing time, without him even stepping foot on the field. Or you can listen to cally say (lie) that "nobody has been promised a starting spot." Well, cally has about as much honesty and integrity as does pud and Gary Barnett.

Do you wanna place a wager on it?

Not in so many words. norvell reportedly has already given him half of the starters playing time, without him even stepping foot on the field. Or you can listen to cally say (lie) that "nobody has been promised a starting spot." Well, cally has about as much honesty and integrity as does pud and Gary Barnett.

Do you want to place a wager on it?

Not in so many words? So you have to read in to what they are saying to get the so-called "truth" that you always talk about?

Either way, we, again aren't going to see eye to eye on this. I take a guy at what he says. You read in to it. Agree to disagree I guess. :(

Why would I want to place a wager on something like that? Will we ever know the difference?

If Taylor starts, you will say Joe never got a chance when I will say he is obviously the better quarterback.

Do you want to place a wager on it?

Not in so many words? So you have to read in to what they are saying to get the so-called "truth" that you always talk about?

Either way, we, again aren't going to see eye to eye on this. I take a guy at what he says. You read in to it. Agree to disagree I guess. :(

Why would I want to place a wager on something like that? Will we ever know the difference?

If Taylor starts, you will say Joe never got a chance when I will say he is obviously the better quarterback.

Its not just JD, what about the other 17 or so qbs they have that have had a year to study and play in callys s****y offense? Why are they being bypassed?

I have no problem with Taylor winning the spot if he is the best on the team and by proving it on the field. But for the coaching staff to give a lowly rated JUCO what is esentially the co-starter position before he has taken a snap, is absolutely absurd.

No wonder why they were 5-6.

Its not just JD, what about the other 17 or so qbs they have that have had a year to study and play in callys s****y offense? Why are they being bypassed?

I have no problem with Taylor winning the spot if he is the best on the team and by proving it on the field. But for the coaching staff to give a lowly rated JUCO what is esentially the co-starter position before he has taken a snap, is absolutely absurd.

No wonder why they were 5-6.

OK. Whatever.

He hasn't been given any starting position and no one can convince you otherwise.