Another derailed thread

The #1 contributor to success is the student him/herserlf. The teachers and faculty, coaches, advisors, tutors, ancillary programs, facilities...it all contributes to the success of the student.

On balance, UNL has done very nicely - from 2000 to 2003, UNL had the most Academic All Americans in the entire NCAA. The only other DIV I school in the top 5 was Notre Dame. And Stanford, of all places, didn't make the top 10 (coming in at 13th - though that's probably due to lack of athletics than lack of academics ;)).

1. University of Nebraska I 28

2. Emory University III 26

3. University of Notre Dame I 22

4. Truman State University II 19

5. University of Indianapolis II 18

IRISH!

Thanks for the research Irish. Another reason for Husker fans to have pride in the program.

...or the only reason!!! ;)

The #1 contributor to success is the student him/herserlf. The teachers and faculty, coaches, advisors, tutors, ancillary programs, facilities...it all contributes to the success of the student.

On balance, UNL has done very nicely - from 2000 to 2003, UNL had the most Academic All Americans in the entire NCAA. The only other DIV I school in the top 5 was Notre Dame. And Stanford, of all places, didn't make the top 10 (coming in at 13th - though that's probably due to lack of athletics than lack of academics ;)).

IRISH!

Thanks for the research Irish. Another reason for Husker fans to have pride in the program.

or the sellout streak, the 5 NC's, the Heisman winners, the All-Americans, the players in the NFL, one of the winningest programs in history, etc............................

IRISH!

or the sellout streak, the 5 NC's, the Heisman winners, the All-Americans, the players in the NFL, one of the winningest programs in history, etc............................

All which were destroyed by cally and co this year (except, luckily, the sellout streak).

All which were destroyed by cally and co this year (except, luckily, the sellout streak).

Oh icon_bs.gif

No one took anyone's Heisman away.

No one took anyone's All American status away from them. They are still on record

No one too the Sears Trophies. They are still there.

I think it's absolutely stupid that some people think since we had a terrible year that negates any and all success the program has had over history. It (saying that everything is negated) simply doesn't make sense and does nothing but belittle the accomplishments of past great Husker players and coaches.

Yea, the bowl streak ended. It sucks.

Hey former fan name one program that has NOT gone through this before. There is only a handful to pick from since we have won for 3 decades. BECAUSE OF FRANK IT HAS HAPPENED TO US! Go cry somewhere else. :steam:box

Last I checked, Franks last team won 10 games his last season, along w/ 75% over his career.

The same cant be said for 5-6 callahan. Last years team, with last years schedule, should have won no less than 9 games. Period. callahan coached them to 5-6. Theres no way around it.

Frank did not win 10 games his last year. So you are wrong.

A-HEM, NU did not win 10 games in '03, which was FRANKS TEAM?

If you read (I know, stupid assumption) I said HIS TEAM won 10 games, I realize that Frank was blown out before the bowl.

Talk about stupid assumptions - it wasn't his team after he was fired.

Glass houses, eh?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

If you read (I know, stupid assumption) I said HIS TEAM won 10 games, I realize that Frank was blown out before the bowl.

Hell no it was not his team. If it was his team than it would count on his record, and if you could read, then you would know that the win did not count on his record no matter what kind or stupid logic you want to put with it.

Talk about stupid assumptions - it wasn't his team after he was fired.

Glass houses, eh?

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Stupid assumptions, the last win of the year couldnt be considered his just weeks after he was fired, even though the rest of his staff was in place and ran his systems.

But people like you would have the rest of us believe that it was his team and he was responsible for the 5-6 debacle of '04, even though none of his coaches (minus Gill and Downing) were here or his systems were used??

Stupid assumptions are right. You had better quit trying to think, youre gonna hurt yourself.

Yeah! Another derailed thread started by you know who. Splitting now.

*****READ BELOW******

I don't know about the other moderators, but this will be the last thread of this kind I start. If we have to put up with people interjecting with replies that don't fit the topic and more or less intended to cause a ruckus("trolling" is the word I believe),expect posts to be deleted.

Yeah! Another derailed thread started by you know who. Splitting now.

I don't know about the other moderators, but this will be the last thread of this kind I start. If we have to put up with people interjecting with replies that don't fit the topic and more or less intended to cause a ruckus("trolling" is the word I believe),expect posts to be deleted.

We have a top 5 recruiting class. We have a new found energy because of the new blood in our program. Things will even out somewhat next year. IMO the sky is the limit after that.